Author Topic: 1st Gen Model T Won't Turn On Anymore!  (Read 2631 times)

Offline TheElderDark

1st Gen Model T Won't Turn On Anymore!
« on: August 24, 2015, 06:22:31 pm »
Hey all, I just purchased this thing and it has been working perfectly fine until yesterday, when it just dropped all power while warming up. I've played it in multiple spaces, including this same space before. I always have my impedance set correctly and speakers connected prior to engaging power, and let her warm up; all the basics. But yesterday it just lost all power. I've been told and speculated that it could be the fuses, but I don't know how to access them. Anyone have a similar experience or advice to offer? Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 06:20:45 pm by tboy »

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
Re: 1st Gen Model T Won't Turn On Anymore!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 12:37:47 pm »
A Sunn Model T does not have any fuses unless it has been modified. There is a circuit breaker on the back panel near where the line cord enters the chassis. Press to reset. These circuit breakers have been known to fail, it needs to be replaced by a qualified technician. If a replacement part can not be located, it can be replaced with a fuse, but this should be done by a qualified technician. These things are dangerous and repairs should not be attempted by someone without the necessary training and experience.

Offline snapjaw

Re: 1st Gen Model T Won't Turn On Anymore!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 09:13:58 pm »
This happened to my first gen model T as well. Got mine fixed for $200 and $150 of that was labor. I always take my amps to the same guy so he has all the records of the repairs. Hope you got it worked out! These things are worth fixing for sure.