Author Topic: sunn model t '70 150 watt - to much?  (Read 2095 times)

Offline spacebacontractor

sunn model t '70 150 watt - to much?
« on: December 06, 2009, 02:20:23 pm »
hello, i'm new here.
at first: i'm sorry for my bad english but I try to do my best.

can anyone help me with the question: i don't know how much the 150 watt on the originial sunn model t are. i also practice at home with my amps and I don't know if the 150 watts are to much to play this amp at home.  can I regulate the volume down so that I can practice at home at a reasonable volume? loss of quality does not matter at first. ;)

i hope you can help me.

Re: sunn model t '70 150 watt - to much?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 02:27:59 pm »
sorry, i don't know how to edit my post.
i've got a 2nd question:

does the amp have any distortion or overdrive to play rock (like led zeppelin or tool or something like that) or ONLY a pure clean sound in the channel?

Offline xsolarusx

• Black Faxes
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 02:30:41 am »
Are you wondering if the amp is playable at 'bedroom' volume levels?  The simple answer would be 'yes,' but you'll want to play it loud.  In fact, why the volume knob goes lower than '2' I'll never know...

Your second question: The amp has a master volume, which allows you to turn the two channels up, and get distortion.  It won't be the gain-y Marshall sound you might be hoping for, but it has it's own beauty.

If you're buying this, and can check it out(though I assume this is an online purchase, if it's anything), do so.

Good luck!
(2) 73 1st Gen Model T
Late 70's Marshall JCM 800 1960B cab

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 06:35:29 am »
thanks for your answers.

to the distortion: but i don't have to get the volume to a fixed (high) level to get the distortion?!

Offline xsolarusx

• Black Faxes
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 05:21:06 pm »
You get more of a crunch than anything at lower levels.  Are you not interested in using pedals?
(2) 73 1st Gen Model T
Late 70's Marshall JCM 800 1960B cab

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 11:43:14 am »
thanks for your answers.

to the distortion: but i don't have to get the volume to a fixed (high) level to get the distortion?!

That's what the master volume is for. You can turn the master down, and turn the input volume(s) up, and get a pretty nice distortion at any volume from silent to full.
Isaac