Author Topic: Sunn 212LH Cabinet  (Read 4493 times)

Offline johnnymac

Sunn 212LH Cabinet
« on: July 21, 2002, 06:24:00 pm »
 I aquired a Sunn 212LH cabinet sans drivers at a garage sale for $25. I figure any cab is worth that much.
 Problem: What the heck is a 212LH, PA?, Bass?, Guitar?, Sub? What kind of drivers should be used in it? I've queried all the dealers here (Calgary) and none have a clue, their catalogues show nothing.
 The front of the cab has a black strip at the top with the "Sunn" logo on the left and "212LH" on the right. The two 12" rear loaded drivers are set back 13" from the front. The "throat" is painted white with a "Sunn" logo centred below the drivers.
 The back of the cab has a panel with two jacks, unmarked. Other markings on this panel are; s/n S-03780, 8 ohms, 120 watts continuous power, and a sticker that says "tested 10/15/77", as best as it can be read. I can't make out the initials of the tester, I think it starts with a "D".
 The dimensions are aprox 27wX25hX21d.
 Any help will be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.
     Johnnymac.
 PS- great site, just found it.

Offline environmentalsoundcollaps

• http://www.mp3.com/EnvironmentalSoundCollapse
Sunn 212LH Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2002, 02:18:00 pm »
lucky thing i checked out this site....i have a 212LH myself...though the design would seem to indicate that this is intended as a PA cab, the fact that it is loaded with 2 Celestion G12K-85's would make me think it was meant as a guitar cab...i have been using it as a guitar cab myself, with excellent results, though at times a bit too much low end....the frequency response range of the G12K-85 (75 Hz-5kHz) is good for guitar, would be a little substandard for use as a PA