Author Topic: Where have all the folded horns gone- such as 118RH?  (Read 1746 times)

Z Rober'

Where have all the folded horns gone- such as 118RH?
« on: February 20, 2005, 11:20:21 pm »
I had been looking for a 118RH for several years with no luck.  I'm wondering if any of you "Sunnophiles" have the cabinet specs for the Sunn 118RH or know where to get it?  I can't even do a CAD of the catalogue "cabinet type" page and arrange it (rotate/swivel it) to to get a good side view - and these things need to be rather precise.  Can anyone help so I could build my own?  

I saw big John of the Who using two on their sides facing each other to make one "complete" horn with midrange cabs on top - too cool - not too long ago - 5-7 yrs.

I'll add a smiley face if that will keep this on this board for more than 12 hours.

Offline baggman

Where have allthe folded horns gone?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 07:29:43 am »
Isn't there anything on e-Bay? I've seen several Cerwin-Vega B-36MF's there over the last few months. Come to think of it I haven't seen any Sunns, though. I loved my old C-V. It had 1-18 and 2-10's. It originally came from a theatre that used it during the firstrun of the old movie "Earthquake". Supposedly the theatre had 6 of these cabinets in their sound system during that run. That would shake the earth!
Betabagg

Offline Tom Loizeaux

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 08:46:41 pm »
I've seen a few of the Sunn 18 folded horn cabinets for sale over the years. There was one on eBay just last month!
I actually have one, but because it was so boomy at a narrow frequency, I modified it to be a front-firing cabinet and tuned it to take a JBL 2242H driver.

Tom

Offline ZcygnusX-1

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 06:22:54 pm »
I believe there is one one ebay right now
Beer, Rush and Wayne Gretsky... the canadian holy trinity

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 07:12:54 pm »
Check the completed listing on ebay. A pair went cheap a couple of weeks ago.