Author Topic: Sunn Hall of Fame  (Read 34693 times)

Anonymous

Sunn Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2001, 05:41:00 pm »
Ted Nugent used the Enforcer under his own signature.

Offline Don T.

Sunn Hall of Fame
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2001, 09:25:00 pm »
Hello:
 Yes indeed Ted Had enforcers called Penetrators with knobs that went to 12 (to one up Spinal Tap)
Don T.
Don T.

If it's too loud, you're too old.

Offline Sunnburst

Sunn Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2001, 10:22:00 pm »
According to Rod Price of Foghat in the June '01 issue of Vintage Guitar Magazine he states that he was using a Sunn Model T amp in the late '70s. I saw Foghat in 1977 but due to my drugged out condition can't recall what equipment was being used. For what it's worth I did purchase a Model T head not long after and still have it to this day (mint cond too w/Sunn 610s). Ritchie Fliegler in his book "Amps", mentions the only band he ever saw using the Model T was Foghat. I guess he wasn't using the stuff I was.
Over bridge of sighs...

Anonymous

Sunn Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2001, 11:47:00 am »
Chris Squire is using a 6X12 V-cab in the "Yessongs" video.

Anonymous

Upgrade
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2003, 12:51:25 pm »
Just trying to bump this up; I put just a wee bit of time in on this originally, and I didn't want it to get buried, plus it was posted before the "bands using Sunn" column was created.

Offline iammr2

Sunn Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2003, 06:25:19 pm »
Saw Ted Nugent many many years ago and his bassist was using Coliseums.  Have also heard of Timothy B. Schmidt ( Eagles, Poco ) using Model T's.
There are two types of pedestrians - the quick and the dead!

Offline Ryan_77uk

• http://www.wipedoutelms.com
Sunn Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2003, 07:29:20 am »
Steven Brodsky and Adam McGrath from the Boston band Cave In use Sunns. Steven uses an original Model T with a Sunn 412 (generation unknown) and Adam uses a Sunn head but I don't know what model or what cab he uses. I saw them play live with this gear.
Ryan.x

- Ryan's Gear

Offline etnieboy

Sunn Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2003, 11:05:09 am »
Cave In has been using that gear for a while now. Pete Stahl of Goatsnake, also a Sunn 0))) amplified band, is their tour sound guy and he was the one to turn them to the dark side. I believe McGrath uses a 2000s.  He uses that along with a Marshall jcm 800 2203. I know Stephen uses a boss os-2 to overdrive the amp and I'm pretty sure Adam uses the same. They're tons louder than when they used to use marshall and mesa stuff live. The mesa was a badddddd idea. The record label Southern Lord indexes their releases with sunn-xxx depending on what number the release is. They are also home to the band SUNN0))) and is owned by Greg Anderson, member of goatsnake and sunn0)). There should be a six degrees of separation game played to link sunn bands together.

Offline pickinatit

Re: Sunn Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 08:21:30 am »

Sammy Carlson,  The Regents

http://pnwbands.com/sammy.htm

Offline Johnny Guitar

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 11:49:30 pm »
The first two concerts I got to go to as a young teen in 69 & 70 was Steppenwolf & Three Dog Night at the Indianapolis Coliseum. Both bass players used 200S amps. Next it was Grand Funk, Mel was using Sunn. 

Offline Oli

• FEED YOUR HEAD!
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 08:19:07 am »
Nick Oliveri, Kyuss, Concert Bass Amp, at least for blues for the RED SUN (see cover). :evil:
I is said that Curt Cobain used a concert lead, but I'm not 100% about this. :|

Greetings

Oliver

SUNN Sorado - 1969 / SUNN 2000S - 1970 / SUNN Sorado  - 1971 / SUNN 350B - 1973 / SUNN Coliseum 880 - 1973 / SUNN Concert Bass - 1972 / SUNN Concert Bass - 1979 / 2x SUNN 215B - 1970/75 / SUNN/SAD 2000S cab

Offline pombagira

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 07:34:56 am »
Randy Holden of the Other Half who went onto play in Blue Cheer used 16 Sunn amps!!!!!! Can you possibly imagine how that sounded. When asked what it sounded like, he commented it was all in the pursuit of happiness. Personally I could do with some of that..if that is how happiness is to be defined.

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008, 03:11:11 pm »
I saw Bachman Turner Overdrive live back in the mid seventies. At first glance, it appears that the guitarists were using Marshall amps, but, on closer inspection, I'm sure they were Sunn Model T amps in faux Marshall cabinets. Of course, I can't prove it, but that is my recollection, and I was never a druggie, so my memory is not quite as suspect as some might be.
Isaac

Offline made by hand

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2008, 06:46:08 pm »
and ! another great band...kind of unheard of but i have all their albums..because they were a horn band in the late 60's ....TEN WHEEL DRIVE...they all used sunn amps...i have an album of them and on the back of it they had a row of 100s and 200s on stage at a live outdoor concert....every time i look at the cover..it brings a smiles to my face  because the band my brother and i ran...10 members...horn section..played some outdoor gigs and my 200s boomed outside...clear as a bass BELL..been there..Bob from mass.