Author Topic: Sunn Model T Wiring Diagram  (Read 18715 times)

Offline pickinatit

Re: Sunn Model T Wiring Diagram
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2008, 06:47:47 am »
weber makes some pretty incredible equipment. they are out of kokomo, indiana... i do tour support/merch/etc. for the hardcore band In The Face Of War, and three of the dudes in the band work there. their one guitar player plays only weber amps and speakers. he has a orange hybrid, a hiwatt, a sunn 100s, a marshall plexi and one other head that i cant remember. he is one of the builders there and made all of the amps himself. great dudes, great company.

This is  O.T.,  but  I need to put a pair of 12" speakers in my original Sunn Solarus cabinet.  I was considering  (1) Celestion Vintage 30  &  (1) G12H30.  Someone suggested I save some money buying the "Weber Equivalents"  or "Warehouse" speakers instead.  Are they really a good quality, worth saving the money without sacrificing tone/sound ?  Just In your opinion.

Offline djc

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2008, 11:49:57 am »
I bought a pair of guitar warehouse 15's.  the sound great.  a lot more punchy than I was expecting.

Offline deathfaces

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2008, 08:44:46 am »
weber makes some pretty incredible equipment. they are out of kokomo, indiana... i do tour support/merch/etc. for the hardcore band In The Face Of War, and three of the dudes in the band work there. their one guitar player plays only weber amps and speakers. he has a orange hybrid, a hiwatt, a sunn 100s, a marshall plexi and one other head that i cant remember. he is one of the builders there and made all of the amps himself. great dudes, great company.

how is the gain on those, and which model is the hiwatt?  i'm looking for something loud, mothers weeping and fathers gnashing their teeth loud.

Offline the_bleeding

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2008, 08:35:17 pm »
how is the gain on those, and which model is the hiwatt?  i'm looking for something loud, mothers weeping and fathers gnashing their teeth loud.

weber doesnt do direct copies, moreso just their take on things... which are pretty damn close to the original, and easily modded back.

the orange (6O100) is basically like an or120 with more features. Decent gain, theres a clip on the site. Uses kt66's or el34's
The hiwatt is the 6h50 (dr504) 2xel34's or kt66's for 50 watts and apparently theyre making a 6h100 (dr103) within a month or so.
and the sunn 100s copy is the 6s100 which is apparently louder than hell, and super clean. Doubles as a bass amp too :D. 2xkt88's for 100watts.

Offline deathfaces

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2008, 09:09:49 pm »
i've been thinking about trying one of these out, but didn't want to disappointed with the sound at the end.  that 100s is a mighty attractive idea.

any experience building these?

Offline justinmilwaukee

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2008, 05:47:56 am »
he doesnt push his amps super hard as far as hi-gain goes, so im not totally sure how much they break up and get real nasty... but when it comes to volume, they are one of the loudest hardcore bands i have ever seen, right up there with modern life is war. everyone in the band plays through two heads and two cabs live. they have a very cool looking (and sounding) backline when its all set up behind the drummer.

Offline deathfaces

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2008, 09:16:15 pm »
did the diagram ever get done?  i'd still like to have it in my arsenal incase i ever come across the transformers.  thanks.