Author Topic: Spectrum II on ebay  (Read 4211 times)

Offline Soundmasterg

Spectrum II on ebay
« on: April 01, 2008, 11:47:04 pm »
If any of you are interested, I'm selling a nice Spectrum II on ebay. Take a look in the buy/sell section for some info, and at the link if interested. Thanks!

greg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130211059394&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=003

Offline Oli

• FEED YOUR HEAD!
Re: Spectrum II on ebay
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 04:00:32 am »
...nice horse, really!!! :-)
SUNN Sorado - 1969 / SUNN 2000S - 1970 / SUNN Sorado  - 1971 / SUNN 350B - 1973 / SUNN Coliseum 880 - 1973 / SUNN Concert Bass - 1972 / SUNN Concert Bass - 1979 / 2x SUNN 215B - 1970/75 / SUNN/SAD 2000S cab

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 05:58:38 am »
That's a great looking listing, Greg. I'll bet you get the BIN, and that might be an eBay record for a Mk III based Sunn.

Offline pickinatit

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 07:13:42 am »
I wish I was rich.....(sigh)

Offline Soundmasterg

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 12:42:50 pm »
I hope I get the BIN.....I need the $$! With the gas prices and everything else going up except salary, ya gotta find other ways to get money these days.

Thanks for taking a look!

Greg

Offline made by hand

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 05:14:34 pm »
there's a guy on ebay selling a spectrum cab..2x15's off set..he posted it as a 200s cab..in an answer to a buyers question....some people have no idea what they have...that cab was only offered for two years...66 and 67..it was gone by 1968...so if anyone is looking for a matched set...it's on ebay right now...smiles...Bob from mass

Offline Johnny Guitar

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 12:05:25 am »
I have already bought the 2-15 cab. I paid with PayPal but he can't seem to be able to except it??? I hope I can get him to work out the issue with his PayPal account, I really want that cabinet to go with my Spectrum 1 head. He already relisted it even though the problem is on his end.  :cry:
Johnny G.

Offline Johnny Guitar

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 11:10:38 pm »
Well the deal on the 2-15 cab is over. The guy had an unregistered email on his PayPal account and after I sent him documentation showing I tried to pay twice, he asked for a CHECK to be sent outside of Ebay. I finally gave up and answered the dispute mentioning that the next buyer would have the same problem trying to pay that I had. He changed the BIN to $995,000 and then pulled it ( busted ). Needless to say he sent me several very nasty emails and now I have to fight a strike for nonpayment. At least I may save someone else from getting there hopes up on a win, then because there is not a way to pay for it you either loose it or get scammed out of some cash. Do not try to buy from gtoedt777.

Why is it that a bid is a legal and binding contract, but a seller can pull an item after bids are placed? Like the Smiley Face I was bidding on or the Paisley 2-15 cab I was watching that had bids?

Greg I hope your sale goes better than my purchase!

Johnny G.

Offline made by hand

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 12:09:47 pm »
johnny g. ...i guess ebay has a few snakes selling stuff on their site..i hope you can find another cab and complete your set up....the stuff is out there..you just have to wait for it to show up...we're all cheering for you...your sunn brother's...smiles...Bob

Offline Johnny Guitar

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 12:22:27 pm »
Thanks Bob, Feels good to vent a little! :-)
Johnny G.

Offline mc2

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 01:45:14 am »
Hey JOHNNY GUITAR!!!!

....I wish I saw this post BEFORE I emailed this same clown about the SAME bottom when he had (reposted) it on EBAY slamming you for "not paying."   I saw the obvious outline of the missing early "smiley" badge and the inside shot showed it was a match to my "paisley" covered Sunn 2x15.  So, I emailed the guy pics of mine, asking him to confirm if the tolex matched mine. His EBAY pics didn't show the sides or back, so I couldn't tell (plus he actually had the cab upside down!!)

Anyway, his initial email was a little strange (red flag) but he sent a phone number to call, so I did. When I asked if the cab matched the pics I'd sent, he said he didn't look and just deleted the pics. He said to resend my pics and he would shoot a few and email them, which he did. I told him if it matched my can with the earlier "paisley" tolex that I would definitely take it.

As luck would have it, it was one of the less likely early smiley logo cabs with the newer common tolex. So, I VERY POLITLEY  emailed the guy back, said it wasn't what I needed and thanked him for his time.

This is the PSYCHO EMAIL THAT HE THEN SENT ME:

"I do not think you were interested in my Sunn cab ever. I think you were just comparing to your ( Vast ) collection. AND WASTING MY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My time is worth as much, if not more than your's. Do not ever e-mail me again.

You wasted my time taking pics, never wanting to buy.

By the way,
yo, is not you!!! (poor spelling or ignorant) (earlier is spelled correctly here ( earleir ) is not correct!
 Did you not go to school?  You or is it (yo) should of known that with your LACK of.
the American language, you were just a jack (like the rest ) True Americans do not jack other's off.
Hope you complete your Faggy, Danny Partidge family pattern. i.e the pattern you seek. New Yorker's are all the same. You don't even know Mr. ex-
pert that this was the pattern at Woodstock. Not the later, faggy, Cowsills etc.
Not for sale to you or anyone ever jackmo.
Tolex = Cowsills"

SCARY, no?

Anyway...while I don't always spellcheck the fifty or so emails I send daily, I was the editor of a couple of the larger music magazines in the industry for more than a decade and have written for many others. I have even written catalogs for some of the major manufacturers. So, while I may not have a Pulitzer, I'm also not as illiterate as this guy seems to imply.

He also seems to have a strong resentment toward "paisley" tolex, no?  :roll:

Offline Soundmasterg

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 01:36:31 am »
I'd report that email he sent to ebay. Guys like that need to be blacklisted!

Thanks for looking at the amp I was selling everyone. Someone "just" met the reserve price so as soon as payment is received, it's gone. If payment isn't received, it'll go back up to the bay. Didn't get the "record" for a 2x6550 Sunn, but oh well..maybe next time! :)

Greg

Offline djc

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 12:51:02 pm »
what is the record anyway?

Offline Soundmasterg

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 04:57:13 pm »
I've no idea. Edbass alluded to one but I don't think mine got anywhere close.

Greg