Author Topic: New to the forum?  (Read 7635 times)

Offline exxcell

Re: New to the forum?
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 02:03:09 pm »
Well, in my limited experience with him it's my opinion that Conrad is decidedly non flaky, and to me he seems to go out of his way to accommodate even mundane questions; not that I think your inquiry is even slightly "mundane".
There could be  myriad possible reasons for the miscommunication, but I think it's safe to say simply "blowing you off" isn't one of them.

Anyway, off the top of my head I know that both members D.M.N. and Jeff Troy have built 2000S cabs from scratch using Conrad’s plans, as you reference with the link in your initial post in this thread Jeff’s is meticulously documented.
This is a very helpful and knowledgeable forum for the most part, and I’m certain both of those gentlemen would give you excellent advice and guidance to help coattail on their success in building a 2000S cab of your own, just PM them or post on one of their threads and I’ll bet you get the straight scoop.

I'm sure that Conrad will get back with me, but for most people, when an email gets about 6 days old they never get around to reading it.  LOL I know I do it.

Offline Soundmasterg

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 03:12:11 pm »
Well, in my limited experience with him it's my opinion that Conrad is decidedly non flaky, and to me he seems to go out of his way to accommodate even mundane questions; not that I think your inquiry is even slightly "mundane".
There could be  myriad possible reasons for the miscommunication, but I think it's safe to say simply "blowing you off" isn't one of them.

Anyway, off the top of my head I know that both members D.M.N. and Jeff Troy have built 2000S cabs from scratch using Conrad’s plans, as you reference with the link in your initial post in this thread Jeff’s is meticulously documented.
This is a very helpful and knowledgeable forum for the most part, and I’m certain both of those gentlemen would give you excellent advice and guidance to help coattail on their success in building a 2000S cab of your own, just PM them or post on one of their threads and I’ll bet you get the straight scoop.

I'm sure that Conrad will get back with me, but for most people, when an email gets about 6 days old they never get around to reading it.  LOL I know I do it.

If you don't hear from Conrad within a week, then send me a PM and I will see if I can get a hold of him regarding your inquiry. I just saw him about two weeks ago and he had a lot going on with odd jobs for some people and some amp design ideas he was experimenting with, and a couple amps he was finishing up for others. He's a very busy guy, but as the others have said, he is very good at getting back to people. It could be that you email went into his junk email filters too. Anyway, give it a bit and if you don't hear from him then give me a shout via PM. Thanks.

greg

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 10:03:24 pm »

Either of them (or anyone else) ever measure the frequency response?
Isaac

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 07:54:22 am »

Either of them (or anyone else) ever measure the frequency response?

I have the equipment (sans an anechoic chamber) and 2000S cabs, but have never done it.
Off the top of my head I'd say with a D140F it has pretty impressive extention <100hz, certainly a deeper and bigger sounding cab than the 200S, or for that matter most every MI 215 that I've used.

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 09:32:54 pm »
Well, get busy!

Conrad measured my 200S, and it was pretty much flat from 50Hz to 2000Hz, with a nicely behaved -12dB/octave above that.
Isaac

Offline exxcell

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 09:52:07 pm »
Well, Its Saturday night and I still haven't gotten a reply from Conrad. I don't know him, so I don't know what his life it like and I'd rather not intrude.

Any other options? I would love to start building ASAP! I'm getting cabin fever. I need to do something... D:

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 11:13:02 pm »
Well, Its Saturday night and I still haven't gotten a reply from Conrad. I don't know him, so I don't know what his life it like and I'd rather not intrude.

Any other options? I would love to start building ASAP! I'm getting cabin fever. I need to do something... D:

I'd send him another email, the original probably got "spammed" or something.

Offline exxcell

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 03:12:47 pm »
Still no response....

Offline CLD

• Sunn Sorado
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2012, 10:06:04 pm »
Just be patient, Conrad's a good guy and I'm sure he'll get back to you when he has a chance to catch up with e-mail.

Although many people over 50 are on their computers and e-mail all the time, many others are too busy to spend much if any time with their computers every day.

Good luck with your project!
Sunn since June 1971!
1971 Sorado, 2000S, Coliseum Bass, Coliseum Lead
1970 200S; 1974 Coliseum 880