Author Topic: Sunn Coliseum Heads for sale!  (Read 5880 times)

Offline dc10bass

Sunn Coliseum Heads for sale!
« on: October 07, 2008, 10:45:55 am »
All three of my Sunn Coliseum heads are up for sale...

Sunn Coliseum Bass
Sunn Coliseum 880
Sunn Coliseum Lead
...asking $525.00 for each head.

All are in perfect working order with no issues!

I also have a Sunn Coliseum Slave (not pictured)
...asking $275.00

Will ship at your cost... will be packaged properly!

Contact me at chtray5@aol.com

To hear a sample of these amps in action check out the following YouTube clips;
REAL ME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjFvgtK78VY

I'M FREE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKobNVSHs1Y

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: Sunn Coliseum Heads for sale!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 05:28:40 pm »
What are you getting? Have you abandoned the Who tribute, or are you moving into a different Entwistle era?

Offline dc10bass

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 07:10:26 pm »
What are you getting? Have you abandoned the Who tribute, or are you moving into a different Entwistle era?

Have not abandoned The WHO Tribute... but the guy that is singing on the YouTube clip left the band over a month ago.
...It's going to be very hard to find someone that covered it as good as he did.
We do have a new singer that we did a show with the other week, just seeing how he's going to work out right now.
Our drummer is a substitute Ringo for the Beatles tribute band RAIN... which is taking up the remainder of his time this year.
...Could also carry into next year up until April.
So I guess where we were at with our line up in the YouTube clips, we were trying to put together a very authentic WHO Tribute
to do some extensive gigs out of state... outside of Michigan... now that it's not what it was, part of me would like to scale down.

I have always battled with Entwistle eras...
Love, and will always love the early 70's Sunn / Fenderbird years.
I like the Hiwatt / Precision bass years, but it's not at the top of my list.
I have a collection of gear he used from 1989 thru 2002...

So I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to use...
I do have a Sunn 300T and Sunn 1200s.
...May also try a SansAmp RPM or PSA-1.

I may possibly make a hybrid Fenderbird in black with a Status graphite neck with Roman numeral inlays, graphite pickguard, and active electronics...

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 08:47:37 pm »

Have not abandoned The WHO Tribute... but the guy that is singing on the YouTube clip left the band over a month ago.
...It's going to be very hard to find someone that covered it as good as he did.
No doubt, he did a great job.
Our drummer is a substitute Ringo for the Beatles tribute band RAIN... which is taking up the remainder of his time this year.
...Could also carry into next year up until April.
So I guess where we were at with our line up in the YouTube clips, we were trying to put together a very authentic WHO Tribute
to do some extensive gigs out of state... outside of Michigan... now that it's not what it was, part of me would like to scale down.
It's a shame that you are having personel issues, but such is the life of a working musician. You guys did an excellent tribute IMO, I wish I could have seen you live.

I have always battled with Entwistle eras...
Love, and will always love the early 70's Sunn / Fenderbird years.
I like the Hiwatt / Precision bass years, but it's not at the top of my list.
I have a collection of gear he used from 1989 thru 2002...
Although I am a Sunn enthusiast, I think the Hiwatt era is my favorite Entwistle tone. Live at Leeds still gets me stoked up, even after 38 yrs.
It's always amazed me that The Ox always sounded like The Ox regardless of his gear though.

So I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to use...
I do have a Sunn 300T and Sunn 1200s.
...May also try a SansAmp RPM or PSA-1.
Now hold on a minute... That's BLASPHEMY!

I may possibly make a hybrid Fenderbird in black with a Status graphite neck with Roman numeral inlays, graphite pickguard, and active electronics...
I have semi retired my Sunn heads for gigging, I mostly use a Reeves Custom 225 through one or two EV SRO loaded Sunn 215S cabs, or D140F loaded 2000S cabs (If I'm feeling athletic). Right now I'm working with Reeves on a 2X15 based on the 215S, we are currently testing various custom built drivers. Reeves has got the Hiwatt thing nailed, actually I think your "Pete" uses some Reeves gear rebadged as Hiwatt if I'm not mistaken (I can't name names, but he isn't the only one doing it; Reeves doesn't do free gear endorsements), it's pretty much interchangable.
If want to go the "Live at Leeds" route, let me know. I can't any deals per se, they sell gear faster than they can make it, but I might be able to get you bumped up on the production schedule.
Good luck with your band!

Offline loudamps

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 04:49:19 am »
is the 880 still for sale?

Gus

Offline dc10bass

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 12:25:47 pm »
Yes... drop me a line at my home email address.

Offline Mike B.

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 02:51:59 pm »
Now as I have all of those heads already I'm going to need some of those old Sunn cabinets, should you ever decide to part with them, of course.

Thanks!

Mike