Author Topic: Jeff Troy from the late 1960's  (Read 3368 times)

Offline Jeff Troy

Jeff Troy from the late 1960's
« on: December 22, 2011, 08:13:17 pm »
My old drummer just sent these old photos. Pretty funny. The first is my mid-60's P-bass and the second is a Jazz that I don't even remember owning, but I guess I did.

Both show the club-gig half of my sunn bass rig - one 2000S with two cabs. The second image shows both heads, but still only two of the cabs.

Pretty sure the second shot (maybe 1971-73?) was at Dick Lee's, a really hot night club near Cherry Hill, New Jersey.

Man, that was a great time for good rock and roll!

Warmest...
759 New Holland Ave.
Lancaster PA 17602
C: 717-917-3670
www.bandmix.com/jefftroy
www.jefftroy.com (under construction)

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: Jeff Troy from the late 1960's
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 09:04:40 pm »
I dig the groovy pants, far out man!  :mrgreen:

Offline madaradio

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 10:47:48 pm »
whatever happened to that rig?  You still have it?

Offline Jeff Troy

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 08:11:16 am »
Hi, Ed - Me too. I'd need them to be four times the size now!

Hi, M - I may have my timelines all mixed up, but the heads and all four cabs were stolen overnight on a weekend gig at the Electric Factory in New York. "The Third Eye" was me, Suzanne Fordham and Paul Allen. I thought that was in the late '60s, but must have been later if I still the rig at Dick Lee's. First gig there was in 1970 with Ricky & the Rockets.
759 New Holland Ave.
Lancaster PA 17602
www.bandmix.com/jefftroy

Offline madaradio

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 08:36:23 am »

Hi, M - I may have my timelines all mixed up, but the heads and all four cabs were stolen overnight on a weekend gig at the Electric Factory in New York. "The Third Eye" was me, Suzanne Fordham and Paul Allen. I thought that was in the late '60s, but must have been later if I still the rig at Dick Lee's. First gig there was in 1970 with Ricky & the Rockets.
stolen!

That must have been devastating!  That's a lot of gear to get stolen.  Sorry to hear that.

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 10:04:22 am »

They sure didn't just "walk out" with your rig, brother!
Having moved my own 4 cab 2 head 2000S rig on occasion it wasn't an impulse theft, they needed helpers, a truck and someplace to go with it; somebody stalked you like a whitetail.
I'll bet you at least have some suspicions about who the rat bastard(s) were/are.

I wasn't kidding about the pants, either!  :wink:

Offline Jeff Troy

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 12:55:18 pm »
Yeah. Electric Factory (or maybe Circus - I think "Factory" was Philly) was the big-deal NY warehouse gig back then, a block or two from Filmore East and a lot of the same big-name and up-and-coming record groups.

Having a crew on hand wouldn't have been a problem at all, and NY club owners were NEVER concerned about whatever was moving in r out or missing on any gigs, at least not in my experience - I had a lot of stuff taken over the years. Only safe solution was to break down and pack up every night, and no one really wanted to deal with that - especially when the all the club candy had more interesting plans for us.

Anyway, I sure was pissed, and that part of my memory is still very clear.

Warmest...
759 New Holland Ave.
Lancaster PA 17602
www.bandmix.com/jefftroy

Offline stanner

• s t a n o s a u r
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 01:16:25 pm »
re: Stolen Gear-probably should be a separate thread. couple years ago- the band i work w/ The Mermen was touring all the HardRocks on the west coast-got to Vegas-our UHaul was removed from our van overnite-needless to say-staggering loss-all gear-clothes-promo cds etc. found some stuff later up in Kalispell Montana-seems there is a meth gang that has setup in Vegas-they eye every uhaul-van  etc. that comes into town-and wait for an opportunity to rip and sell. its big business these days-and cops dont/can't do much. :oops:
AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER