Author Topic: Sunn Concert bass amp  (Read 2828 times)

Offline Bim1959

Sunn Concert bass amp
« on: February 08, 2011, 11:54:02 pm »
Anyone know where I can find the main PBC for this unit? I got one ages ago without the pcb and would love to bring it back to life. Otherwise I'll sell the iron out of it....

Offline Walt-Dogg

Re: Sunn Concert bass amp
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 04:06:40 pm »
I don't think you'd be able to find one anywhere (unless you were extremely lucky), but, with a few high res photos and a schematic I'm sure you could find a skillful enough tech to build you a new one for the amp. Could run you some $$$ though.
Gibson Les Paul Special
Electra X260
Squier Precision Bass MIJ
Science Hellhawk 100w
Ampeg VT-22/V-4
Science Mother
Mojotone Bluesbreaker 2x12
Mojotone British 4x12
Ampeg SVT 810

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 05:57:55 pm »
Do you need the preamp PCB (the one that has the pots on it) or the power amp PCB is the one that connects to the power transistors in back?

Offline Bim1959

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 06:48:36 pm »
The power amp pcb.
I got it from a friend who had it given to him like that. Everything else is included - all the knobs, iron, case, everything - except the power amp pcb. And the funny thing is - it looks like a 9/10 scale.

If I could get someone to get me good clear copies of the top and bottom of the board with the components in place maybe I could make/stuff a board for it.

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 03:13:43 pm »
The critical part is the driver transformer, 28-4300. They fail frequently and the only replacement available is from Mercury Magnetics at $170USD ouch! You might consider any other power amp or just making the amp into a preamp.