Author Topic: Old Grill Cloth manufacturer  (Read 3580 times)

Offline HRobert

Old Grill Cloth manufacturer
« on: September 17, 2008, 06:03:55 pm »
Conrad,

Do you remember the name of the company that made the grill cloth for the 67 -68 amps?

Also,  Thanks for the great equipment that you manufactured over the years.  I've just purchased a Sentura II head to replace the one that I had to sell back in 1980.  Now I just need to build a couple of the short 2 x 15 cabs that I had with the amp.  I don't have the JBL D130's but I have 4 JBL K-130's to put in the cabs.

In the early eighty's I started using your Biamp equipment for my sound system.  It was clean and quiet, and sounded great.  I still have my 1683 mixer, a TC-120 and a TC-60  Stereo power amp, and a SM23 electronic cross over- all are still working great even after all of the use over the years.

Robert Freer

Offline sundhy

• http://c.sundholm@comcast.net
Re: Old Grill Cloth manufacturer
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 02:22:25 pm »
Yes, the manufacturer is Wendell Fabrics.  There website is http://www.wendellfabrics.com/index.html  There order requirement is quite large.  However, I do have some of this grill cloth in stock.  This is the grill cloth with the rectangular pattern, not the diagonal pattern.  If you are interested, let me know by reply.

Conrad Sundholm

Great tone my passion.

Offline HRobert

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 11:21:34 pm »
Conrad,

Thanks for the reply.  Do you know if that company will manufacture the older diagonal pattern grill cloth?  I have a 67 Sentura II and would like to have access to the grill cloth that was OEM with that amp.

thanks,

Robert

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 12:56:57 pm »
I contacted Wendell a couple of years ago and they just didn't want to do the diagonal pattern stuff. Never got any kind of explanation. I couldn't even get them to give me a price. Gerald Weber gets his tweed custom manufactured by Wendell and I talked to him about them. The minimum order is pretty big which is not a problem for me but it would take a long time to sell it all.

Offline its funk time

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 01:04:46 pm »
That diagonal grill cloth was gorgeous!  I just acquired a 2000S bottom  with that cloth, and with just a small snag, BUT-- someone sprayed the cloth black.  I have a cleaning chore ahead of me!

I, too, want to thank you Conrad.  Great work, great sound, great FUN!