Author Topic: Sunn stagemaster head  (Read 2552 times)

Offline bent crucifix

Sunn stagemaster head
« on: November 30, 2008, 10:28:13 pm »
I just picked one of these up for 50 bucks and it works fine... or worked. I took it apart to clean it up because it was really dirty. When I went back to put it together I noticed intertwined black and white wires with one side that is attached to where the speaker jacks are, and the other end is unattached. I cannot seem to find where this end goes. Any help would be appreciated. I can post pics if that would be more helpful.

Offline mckinnon audio

Re: Sunn stagemaster head
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 10:42:30 am »
  Hi there,sounds like the other side of your spkr.out,but if you could post some pics.,that would be a big help,thanks Mel.

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 10:47:18 am »
Since StageMasters are pretty rare, the chances of finding someone who's seen the insides of one are pretty remote. There needs to be wires from the output transformer to the impedance switch and then to the output jacks. Are these in place? A picture would be helpfull.

Offline bent crucifix

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 10:57:51 am »
Sorry for the size. I figure it would be better if it were larger in this case

Offline bent crucifix

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 11:56:25 am »
Also, I tried sending a message to Don T. because I did a search and found that he he help design it. Only problem is that he hasn't posted here since July I think

Offline mckinnon audio

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 02:52:46 pm »
  Hi there,sorry still can't tell to much from the pics.,but that type of push on connector is used on thermal units on the heatsink,just a guess,good luck Mel.

Offline bent crucifix

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 02:59:22 pm »
Darn. The thing is that I think it may have been unplugged from the get go but still works. You think it'll blow up?

Offline mckinnon audio

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 03:14:05 pm »
  Hard to say.Take a look at the blue connector on the pc board,there is a black and a white wire going to the connector,looks like the top 2 pins behind the conn.,(following the traces on the board),go up to the top 2 jacks.Are they the spkr.outs? Judging by the gauge of the wire,it's got to be either output or power supply related.Sorry I can't be of more help,Mel.

Offline bent crucifix

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 04:27:34 pm »
I'm gonna check out what you said later tonight. The wife was complaining cause I had it all taken apart sitting in the kitchen so I had to put it back together lol. And you've been plenty of help. I appreciate it.

Offline bent crucifix

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 12:38:10 am »
Yeah it was what ypou said it was. I still haven't found where these two things attach though

thevisionseeker

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 08:39:26 am »
hey man can you take pics of the back panel, take a shot while directly look straight to the side, and a photo looking down on the amp?

Offline bent crucifix

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 01:30:56 pm »
Thanks for trying to help but I just got done fixing it