Author Topic: 1967 Sunn Coliseum PA and 68'Sentura II OHMS?  (Read 1710 times)

Offline DennyMcFastLane

1967 Sunn Coliseum PA and 68'Sentura II OHMS?
« on: December 01, 2014, 11:53:39 am »
I Recently scored a 67' Coliseum PA Head, it's not marked on the back where the--Speaker--Extension Speaker input jacks are. I looked at the schematic's, and it is confusing?  Can't find anything on the Forum either. My 67'-68'? Sentura II is the same dilemma--no markings for Ohms. Does anyone know what the ohms are for either of these 2 Sunns? Thank You.

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
Re: 1967 Sunn Coliseum PA and 68'Sentura II OHMS?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 07:41:50 pm »
The earliest Coliseum PA and 1000S/2000S amps used actual Dynaco transformers. These look like a huge gray metal box about 6 inches on a side. It's located on the end of the chassis near the speaker jacks. Later a different more conventional looking transformer was used. These are usually black but may have gold painted end "bells". I'm not sure if the Dynaco transformer had some kind of solder terminals or if it had wire leads and if those wire leads had the same colors as the later conventional transformers.

This thread has info on how to determine what impedance your amps may be setup for: http://sunnforum.ampage.org/index.php/topic,4844.0.html

If you are not comfortable opening up the amp (lethal voltages will be present), take the amp to a qualified technician.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 07:51:56 pm by loudthud »