Author Topic: reverb trouble shooting on 68 sentura I  (Read 4674 times)

Offline hawaiitone

Re: reverb trouble shooting on 68 sentura I
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 02:16:21 pm »
I'm going to take a look and see if I can spot it - do I have to remove the tank or will it be visible? Thanks again for all the help!

Offline pickinatit

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 07:05:38 am »
My Solarus has the same locking mechanism for the reverb. 

Offline scotzoid

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 10:50:42 pm »
I've also recently discovered that there are lots of intermittent grounds between the RCA chassis jacks and the chassis itself.  Again, years of oxidation and a relatively loose riveted fit holding the jacks against the surface of the chassis.  If any one of these junctions has high resistance, your reverb is dead!  I actually had to run a special grounding bus to every single RCA jack in my '72 Sceptre to get the reverb working and now it's fine.

Good luck!
I had the same problem getting the footswitch jacks to work on my '69 Sceptre. I don't have a FS yet, but I was testing the jacks with a pair of phono cords from my stereo, shorting out the tips w/a jumper: no change in the tremelo. Running the jumper from the hot contact to the chassis did the trick, ergo the jacks weren't grounded properly. There was a lot of cursing & sweating went into the repair work, slaving over a hot soldering pen, but it's ready for me to build my own switchbox now (tracked a couple of genuine Sunn F/S's on Ebay recently, when the bidding exceeded $50 I walked away...one went for a C-note when the smoke cleared :-o )

Haven't really researched why the 'verb doesn't work yet, but I'm guessing the problem lies in the phono plugs/jacks somewhere. Still deciding if I want to fix the reverb, or get me a "half-fast" delay stompbox...