Author Topic: Fuzz Pedals  (Read 34052 times)

Offline chev

• feel the tone!
Re: Fuzz Pedals
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 05:19:53 am »
I use a Blackout Effectors Musket Fuzz for bass and guitar. From what I've heard it's a Big Muff clone with some extra features.
Especially the focus knob makes this one interesting since it can clean up the sound a lot and that way it's leaning more towards a OD which for bass is pretty nice..

looks good, big muff with more control.
Sunn Model T 1st gen+Sunn 215s+Sunn 412s, Sunn Beta Bass+Sunn 215+Sunn Coliseum Slave+2 x Sunn 115

Offline chev

• feel the tone!
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2010, 07:28:43 am »
I just did a Sonic Titan vs Meathead shoot out all afternoon yesterday...

Meathead in dark setting, heaviest fuzz I've ever eard, good for slow tempo stuff. you can certainly use it on bass...!

Sonic Titan, more OD, excellent all-around heavy tube-amp driver, excellent for fast tempo stuff and slow, would be awesome on bass too!

now I have to re-build my board to use one for slow part and the other for fast parts... :-P 
Sunn Model T 1st gen+Sunn 215s+Sunn 412s, Sunn Beta Bass+Sunn 215+Sunn Coliseum Slave+2 x Sunn 115

Offline tacklebox455

• meh'
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2011, 12:28:12 pm »
creepy fingers effects(fu manchu bassist) hand built clones of many hard to find pedals i have the harakiri fuzz(super fuzz clone) and the doomidrive(univox unidrive clone) and was the best money i ever spent i have a earthbound super collider beast on order now muff is over rated and the nex ehx stuff is junk anyway

i also use a homemade clone of a 1966 germanium fuzzface that i would kill over.

if you look on you tube there is a doomidrive demo on there as well as a buzz around(ampeg scrambler clone) and there are vids on the earthbound super collider.
1975 Sunn model T
2007Crate Blue voodoo BV 120(mercury magnetics upgraded)
Randall RT 503
Jet City JCA 22H
Creepy fingers harakiri superfuzz
Creepy fingers doomidrive
Earthbound Audio supercollider
Malekko Plus Ultra 213

Offline biltmore

• The Sound Choice
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2011, 12:08:47 pm »
My favorite Fuzz pedals for my Sunns:

Malekko Fuzz, EHX Green Big Muff, EHX Big Muff with Tone Bypass, Earthquaker Devices Hoof, and the Skreddy Pink Flesh.

Offline joe bitchin

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2011, 01:45:52 pm »
i gotta unbelievable live recording w/ my way huge swollen pickle thru my orange tiny terror thru a 12" celestion!

Offline chev

• feel the tone!
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2011, 12:18:04 am »
anybody tried the Death By Audio Fuzz War on bass or guitar?

seems like an awesome heavy fuzz for bass or guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESevU8aD6bM&feature=related

their's one for sale in the local adds, it's really tempting so I've contact the seller.

Offline buzzsunn

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2011, 05:24:37 am »

their's one for sale in the local adds, it's really tempting so I've contact the seller.
I bought one for a friend of mine.
The shape knob is awesome and you can get a lot of sounds by tweaking.. Did I mentioned that the pedal is LOUD??? REAL loud...
I had it about at 10oclock and the volume was way more than my usual sound. If the price is right, I would say go for it Chev. (I found it here in Greece at about 70euros).

check and contribute: http://postyourrig.blogspot.com/

Offline chev

• feel the tone!
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2011, 10:15:24 am »

I bought one for a friend of mine.
The shape knob is awesome and you can get a lot of sounds by tweaking.. Did I mentioned that the pedal is
LOUD??? REAL loud...
I had it about at 10oclock and the volume was way more than my usual sound. If the price is right, I would
say go for it Chev. (I found it here in Greece at about 70euros).

Sounds cool yeah it looks really tweakable but here it sell for 199$ CAD new so the guy is asking 160$, I'm trying to get it for 120$. I so want to ear that in my Model t !

Offline CLD

• Sunn Sorado
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2011, 01:33:56 pm »
Any bass players try the Monolith fuzz pedal? I think it's called Lodestone.
Sunn since June 1971!
1971 Sorado, 2000S, Coliseum Bass, Coliseum Lead
1970 200S; 1974 Coliseum 880

Offline chev

• feel the tone!
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2011, 09:04:45 pm »
ok finally got the Fuzz War!

I've tried it for a quick 20min and it's definitly taking the 1st place for the heaviest fuzz out there!

that thing must kill on bass! will try that tomorrow...

Offline stanner

• s t a n o s a u r
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2011, 11:12:43 pm »
i have: megalith-bluebeard-fuzz war-super collider-80s bigmuffs-80s rats-etc. they all move in & out of my rig-like the ebb & flow of the tides. my '85 rat gets the most use w/ my wall of Ts
http://stanosaur.com/
AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Offline chev

• feel the tone!
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2011, 05:44:13 pm »
i have: megalith-bluebeard-fuzz war-super collider-80s bigmuffs-80s rats-etc. they all move in & out of my rig-like the ebb & flow of the tides. my '85 rat gets the most use w/ my wall of Ts
http://stanosaur.com/

I guess I'll have to try my BYOC Mighty Mouse with the T, it has 3 versions of Rat in it...

Offline stanner

• s t a n o s a u r
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2011, 06:17:19 pm »
I'm here to tell you-there is some kinda mojo w/ the LM308 and the Model T. nothing else sounds like it-and its as powerful and toneful as it gets imo
AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Offline chev

• feel the tone!
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2011, 06:22:06 pm »
I'm here to tell you-there is some kinda mojo w/ the LM308 and the Model T. nothing else sounds like it-and its as powerful and toneful as it gets imo

cool, I was going to say, it's the real LM308 inside that BYOC so I definitely have to try it! :-D

another good reason to keep that pedal. I've announced it but never get to sell it? so I'll hold on to it for now.