Author Topic: Sunn Transducer 108G Replacement  (Read 4548 times)

thevisionseeker

Sunn Transducer 108G Replacement
« on: November 06, 2010, 08:25:37 am »
So I've got an old 610S with 5 original Sunn Transducer 108G speakers and one random speaker (EV?)
I need to find 2 replacements for this cab but honestly can't seem to get any help from anywhere so hope this site can.
I would prefer to replace with 2 of the same speakers but if not I need to know what good replacements would be.
Can anyone help me? Thanks!

« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 08:42:41 am by EdBass »

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
Re: Sunn Transducer 108G Replacement
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 08:56:42 am »
Sunn Transducers show up on ebay every now and again. I got some, though not the exact model you're looking for. Mine just say "sunn guitar transducer" on them. Then again, it may be that the only difference is the label.

However, before you get too excited, I have found that all of mine buzz at a certain frequency. I don't know why, and they seem to work fine other than that.
Isaac

Offline fartheststar

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 12:14:56 am »
...just for the knowledgebase.  I have a Sunn Transducer 1016G that was in a Sunn Model 2 PA cab, but has the exact same Watt/ohm specs and part number.  I can't find any other info on it, but the pics make me think the only thing that changed might be the sticker.  I don't know if it's designed as a PA speaker or guitar speaker or what.

For some reason I can't post a pic, but here's a link
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s268/fartheststar/sunn_transducer_1016Gb_reduce2.jpg

edit:  I'm beginning to thing the label stating 8 ohm might be wrong, and thinking they might actually be 16ohm based on the multimeter and just for the sake of label consistency.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 01:59:09 am by fartheststar »

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 07:16:46 pm »
Sunn naming protocols for drivers was the size, in inches, followed by the nominal impedance, followed by the intended use. So a 1016G is a ten inch driver, 16 ohms, for guitar. A 108PA would be a ten inch, 8 ohm PA driver.
Isaac