Author Topic: Sunn Concert Bass and bass cab  (Read 1189 times)

Offline LeRoy Dehne

Sunn Concert Bass and bass cab
« on: February 19, 2023, 11:39:56 am »
Newbee here....i have a solid state Sunn Concert Bass, Red Knob, serial # S-00085,   with a 160 watt , 4ohm, 2-15 bass cab.  Bass cab serial number: S-04891.  Theyre both in excellet condition. Not all beat up from the road.   This thing pumps!  I can get that 70's sound with just about any bass i have, and i have 8.  Im just wondering what years these are and what their value is.  I got them from a older basser guy who purchased them used in the 70's.  pics apond request.  thanx 

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
Re: Sunn Concert Bass and bass cab
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 09:34:56 am »
Pics always help. I assume the amp looks a lot like this:

Sunn made several 2x15" speaker cabinets. What does yours look like? Also, there should be a plate on the back with a model  on it, something like 215S, 215B, 215BH, or the like. Older cabinets didn't have that, such as the 200S. Reason being that, in the early days, amps were sold as a package deal, head and cabinet together. Later, in the 70s, they went to a "mix and match" concept, where the amplifiers and speakers were sold separately, so the speakers needed their own model names. So, again, pics would help.
Isaac