Author Topic: Giving serious thought to selling all of my old Sunn gear.  (Read 4255 times)

Offline Soundmasterg

Re: Giving serious thought to selling all of my old Sunn gear.
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2019, 09:20:39 pm »
There is one advantage in letting it go now and that is that the values are up a lot compared to 15 years ago. That said, I'll keep my 2000S head and cab. I'd probably consider selling my 1x15 custom cabinet that I made, but not in any kind of hurry. I would like an early 200S and cabinet, but for me it is mainly for recording purposes and I can get the sound from the 2000S just as well, except I have to get it louder to get the same tones. I did sell my SVT head and cabinet when I was in EE school. I needed the money and the Sunn sounds better so the Ampeg went. I'm a tube nut for guitar and bass, so I doubt if I'll ever get rid of them entirely.

Greg

P.S. If you did decide to sell the 200S setup I might be interested down the road Isaac.

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2019, 09:36:27 am »
I'll keep that in mind, Greg. If you go from "might be interested" to "definitely uinterested," let me know.
Isaac

Offline Soundmasterg

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2019, 11:07:33 pm »
I'll keep that in mind, Greg. If you go from "might be interested" to "definitely uinterested," let me know.

Will do Isaac. For me right now it would be down the road. I can't give a definitive date but I know your amp is in good condition and well taken care of so when and if I am in the market you would be the first call if you were going to be selling it. I'm not in a financial position right now to get it and won't be for a bit, but have some plans in motion. :) Don't wait on me though. If you decide to sell and find a good buyer and get what you want out of it, then don't hesitate.

Greg

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2019, 08:36:29 am »
As it happens, the 200S is the only Sunn rig I regularly use anymore, so it would be the last I'd put up for sale just to get rid of it. Besides, it's at the studio, not the house, so it's not taking up living space.
Isaac