Author Topic: alpha four fuse(?)  (Read 2405 times)

Offline pata

alpha four fuse(?)
« on: March 28, 2019, 03:57:07 am »
Hi. Im looking for a fuse for an Alpha four PA....Anyone know where to get one?

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
Re: alpha four fuse(?)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 10:00:52 am »
What kind of fuse is it?
Isaac

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 07:36:57 pm »
The schematic says it's a 2.5A Slow Blow. Probably type 3AG. Should be at least 120V.

Offline Ryan Phelps

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 09:39:08 am »
+1 to loudthud. This fuse can be purchased at AES, Home Depot, Mouser, Digi-Key and many others. More important is why the last fuse blew. Fuses are there to protect the amp in the event that it begins drawing too much current. Best to take the amp to a tech to determine the reason.

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 09:13:22 am »
When I was a technician in the Navy, the rule was that, if a fuse blew for no apparent reason, you got to replace it once because, well, stuff happens. If it blows again, you have a problem, and it's time to get to work.
Isaac

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 08:01:28 am »
When I was a technician in the Navy, the rule was that, if a fuse blew for no apparent reason, you got to replace it once because, well, stuff happens. If it blows again, you have a problem, and it's time to get to work.

I had a high school electronics shop teacher who taught me the same rule. One of the few rules that for some reason stuck with me over the decades, wish some of the other data my brain has assimilated over the years had stuck around...  :-D

Offline Watson

• House Kustoms Guitars and Amps
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 07:46:41 am »

I had a high school electronics shop teacher who taught me the same rule. One of the few rules that for some reason stuck with me over the decades, wish some of the other data my brain has assimilated over the years had stuck around...  :-D

+1...to what you both said...what was the topic again?

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 10:10:47 am »

+1...to what you both said...what was the topic again?

:-D Not sure it really matters; OP hasn't logged in since they posted the question.

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2019, 07:53:16 pm »
Small point: The Alpha PA amps use the Beta series 100W power amp. The schematic shows only 120V mains, no provision for 230 or 240V. If any units were ever made for export, they would be marked with whatever fuse was appropriate. In any case, always use the fuse that is called for on the outside of the amp or appliance. If in doubt, consult a local repair shop.

Offline pata

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 07:36:06 am »
Thanks alot guys!!!! I live in Sweden so all information has helped me alot. /Pata

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 09:13:25 am »
Glad we coujld help.
Isaac