Author Topic: What Have I got here? 3x a charm  (Read 3902 times)

Offline Smoothwound

What Have I got here? 3x a charm
« on: June 02, 2015, 09:07:27 pm »
https://www.flickr.com/photos/113361253@N05/shares/6Luw17

my 3rd attempt to post these. This time I created a flickr album. My good friend is moving and asked me to sell his Radolek Sound Amplifier and 5721 tube amp chassis. I don't know what they are, worth, or who would be interested, but any feedback from you guys is always appreciated.

BTW, finally began recording with the 200s, and its a beast!!! can't wait to upload to soundcloud for ya'all.

Thanks in advance,
Smooth
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 07:19:13 am by EdBass »

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: What Have I got here? 3x a charm
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 07:18:22 am »
Looks like some cool old stuff, but not exactly Sunn related, so I'm just gonna move this to General Discussion...
As always; if it's being offered for sale it needs a price and to be in the classified section. My suggestion would be to list them on eBay and get what they are worth, but regardless it needs a price of some sort to stay up here.

Offline Smoothwound

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 09:12:39 am »
Thanks Ed,

I was actually more interested in finding out what these are.

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 02:29:57 pm »
The Radiolek reminds me of a couple of 50's era Dukane 6V6 amps that I bought from a guy a few years ago. He got them and a round crystal EV microphone from an elementary school demolition project, they are 8 ohm, 12 ohm, and 70V output taps, and were used for the classroom public address system; all of 10 watts each. I don't know, but based on similar input topography and chicken heads my gut says the Radiolek was meant for a similar application.

The chassis amp is a total mystery to me, looks like one 6V6 and a couple of vacuum diodes maybe(?), and a honkin' big transformer along with an extremely small tranny, or maybe a choke?