Author Topic: 1969 Sceptre Head + Matching 412 Cab fs/ft  (Read 2352 times)

Offline withheldd

1969 Sceptre Head + Matching 412 Cab fs/ft
« on: August 17, 2014, 07:13:01 am »
PHOTOS: https://reverb.com/item/243155-sunn-sceptre-1969-head-matching-cab

1969 SUNN Sceptre Head + Matching Tall 412 Cabinet.

$1200 OBO or trade for a Dr. Z Maz 18nr head or combo

***Located in the Poconos, Pennsylvania - willing to meet within two hours of here***

The Head:

60 (LOUD!) Watts RMS + 140 Watts Peak. Four inputs - 2 Bright, 2 Normal.
The head was just serviced by Jay at Ant Farm Music. He totally went over the amp and it is in tip top shape. Jay re-capped it, checked all connections, biased it, cleaned the pots, cleaned and tightened tube sockets...etc. The tremelo feature does not work, which I chose not to fix because I personally never even thought about using it.

The head has a matched pair of General Electric 6550's that test "NEW". They were installed right before the amp was serviced.

As far as tone goes, the amp has huge lows and sparkling highs and will rattle pictures off the wall if you want it to. This is a perfect pedal platform as well as you can get the volume very loud before it begins to overdrive. The onboard reverb is quite nice as well and is really usable. I hate to see this amp go, as I have had it for almost ten years but I need something smaller for the kind of music I'm playing now.

The Cab:

Matching "Sceptre" 412 Tall cab. 8 ohms. There is one original Sunn "Transducer" which had remained in great condition. I switched out the other three - there are two Vintage 30's and one Jensen (pictured above). The plastic input jack on the rear of the cabinet has been upgraded to a metal one as well. The cab sounds great with any head I ever plugged in.