Author Topic: How to run a SUNN 200s hhead & a Marshall vs100 head at the same time  (Read 3307 times)

Offline metalHeavy

i am trying to figure out how i could run a SUNN 200s and a Marshall vs100 at the same time. i know i will have to use a cab for each amp heaad, but how do i run them simutaneously. also what could i put in front of the sunn head to give it the same classic marshall distortion like the marshall vs100 head?? any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline buzzsunn

You can always SELL the Marshall and get a nice distortion - overdrive pedal to run infront of the Sunn :-D
Seriously now you can play both amps with an ABY pedal or a stereo pedal (delay - reverb etch) and use both outputs. Of course you will need two cabs (one for each head). Theese two amps are very different sounding and the blend might not be so good. Try it and you will judge.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 02:33:57 am by buzzsunn »
check and contribute: http://postyourrig.blogspot.com/

Offline metalHeavy

would i be able to run the 200s with a sunn 412s cab or would i be better or searching out a sunn 1x15 or 2x15 cab, i have a guy already willing to sell a 412s cab

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
No reason you couldn't run a 412S with a 200S. Just depends on whether nor not you like the sound.
Isaac

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
also what could i put in front of the sunn head to give it the same classic marshall distortion like the marshall vs100 head?? any help would be greatly appreciated
I'm thinking a For Sale sign. If you want something that sounds like a Marshall, get a Marshall. A classic Sunn head is not going to sound like a Marshall no matter what you do to it.

Offline xsolarusx

• Black Faxes
also what could i put in front of the sunn head to give it the same classic marshall distortion like the marshall vs100 head?? any help would be greatly appreciated
I'm thinking a For Sale sign. If you want something that sounds like a Marshall, get a Marshall. A classic Sunn head is not going to sound like a Marshall no matter what you do to it.

I'd have to agree. I mean, you can get a fantastic sound out of the 200S with a Rat in front of it, but it really won't give you that marshall tone you seem to strive for. Best bet is invest in a JCM800 2203. Or explore the 200S a bit more, and determine if you REALLy need that Marshall sound.
(2) 73 1st Gen Model T
Late 70's Marshall JCM 800 1960B cab

Offline pombagira

it's unfortunate you are trying make a sunn sound like a marshall. Putting this aside, what you need to run both is a sophisticated splitter box, AB boxes work but you could suffer from ground hum/earth loop interference.  What you really need is a splitter box that has a phase shift as well as a ground lift for each channel, then you will be sorted. I have a one in six out custom made splitter box with ground lift and phase shift and volume control for each channel and it works a treat when running six amps at once.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 02:22:20 pm by pombagira »