Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
General Discussion / SUNN 1000S
« Last post by Sunn_Soaked on October 11, 2023, 09:52:46 pm »
Picked up a ratty 1000s in a trade, definitely needs a couple of tubes and possibly a recap. Otherwise it's in decent condition: tolex cleans up nicely, buttons work, grille cloth is intact, chassis has a few rust spots but can be worked over, transformers are definitely original and hopefully work. I've got all the knobs and other stuff. In the meantime I'm going to send the chassis off to a tech to diagnose and make any needed repairs while I clean/touchup the case.

Currently I have a concert lead (silver face) and a Beta Lead with a Sunn 402 cab. How do the 1000s models sound? I've never heard let alone seen a 1000s.
Q & A / Solarus - model changes
« Last post by Solarusizer on October 10, 2023, 01:40:44 pm »
Hey Everyone -

I just got a good deal on a backup for my treasured Solarus.. and found some surprises. Firstly there is no mid-boost switch, which is kind of a bummer. But what I was surprised by is that it only has 16 & 8 ohm outs. My other Solarus has 8 & 4ohm outs, which is great because  I run it with a Sceptre 4ohm cab.

I'm hoping someone here might know the details of which design was first, and when those changes were made. Thanks!
Q & A / Re: Sunn Beta lead footswitch socket - wiring colours
« Last post by Weaselsneezer78 on September 06, 2023, 05:12:15 am »
I was off the mark a touch then! That's awesome, thanks for the info.
« Last post by loudthud on September 04, 2023, 05:57:45 pm »
Looking at the end of the board where the blue and white wires connect, the white wire is the "P" line that goes to the footswitch pin 1. The blue wire is the "S" line that goes to the footswitch pin 3. Counting from the bottom of the board where the blue and white wires connect and white being #1, position 10 is the Reverb line that goes to the footswitch pin 2 and position 11 is the ground that goes to the footswitch pin 4.
« Last post by Weaselsneezer78 on September 04, 2023, 05:44:26 am »
Just adding to this thread with some (not so great) shots of the preamp solder positions for context, as I realised my question without these doesn't really equate to much...  :-D

Looking down at the preamp PCB from above at the 15 or so connections, Black wire goes to position 2, White (shielded) splits to positions 5&6, and the blue and white wires go to the last positions down at the bottom. It would be great to know what these colours relate to in terms of reverb, channels A+B, ground, and channels A/B. I'm doing my best to follow the schematics, but a bit lost.
Q & A / Sunn Beta lead footswitch socket - wiring colours
« Last post by Weaselsneezer78 on September 02, 2023, 02:59:10 pm »
Hi, hoping you guys can help me again.

I've cracked open my Beta lead to see how a previous owner has wired up a 5 pin DIN socket (pictured). I'm hoping to fashion a footswitch based on previous posts here, but using a DIN socket, or at some point may just replace the DIN for the original 4 pin.

My question - what is the colour coding for the socket wiring? Based on the footswitch schematic I've reasoned -
Black - ground
Blue - both channels (A+B)
White with grey shielding - single channel (AorB)
White no shielding - reverb

Is this correct, or am I completely off the mark?

Many thanks in advance.
Q & A / Re: New member - Sunn Beta lead footswitch socket
« Last post by Weaselsneezer78 on August 29, 2023, 02:56:22 pm »
That's awesome thank you! I'm based in the UK, here's hoping I can get hold of those - will go on the hunt. Much appreciated 👍🏻
Q & A / New member - Sunn Beta lead footswitch socket
« Last post by Weaselsneezer78 on August 29, 2023, 01:17:40 pm »
Hi, new member here. I've just acquired a Beta Lead, and a previous owner has removed the footswitch socket and replaced with what I believe is a 6pin DIN socket (pictured). Does anyone know of the part number for a replacement socket to revert back to the original? Or would I have more options sticking with the DIN socket anyway as far as footswitch choices go anyway? Not really sure what to use. Thanks all!
DIY / Re: sunn tolex - where to buy
« Last post by fazeka on August 02, 2023, 10:21:42 am »
Apparently Sunn is ramping up to build new amps again. For example, the 200S. Looks great, but it's pricey ($3200).

https://sunnamps.com/amplification/200s/

I reached out to them via email and asked about obtaining some tolex. I wasn't surprised by the answer but the hope is that they could offer it in the future:

"At the moment we are not able to sell Sunn Tolex as material only due to some restrictions but I [sic] maybe something we can offer in the future."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10