Author Topic: 200s ..new to this sunn thing..gotta 200s.need help real bad. \  (Read 2382 times)

Offline earmight

i just bought a 200s ...a.) im going to be playing guitar through it
                               b.) i need it to be as loud, clean, and crisp and warm and thick     
                                    and juicy as it possibly can get for this amp.
                               c.) im starting from the ground here...meaning
                                         i.) i just bought it and its on its way..so i havnt played it
                                             or even heard these amps yet
                                        ii.) i have absolutely no idea what im doing. but i shred
                                             the axe real good ...so its ok.
                                       iii.) i dont have a cab yet...
                              d.) just to give you a better picture of what i want my set up to
                                  look like...please take the time to note the picture here....
                              http://www.thewho.net/whotabs/equip-sunnamps.htm 
                              {...as you scroll down...its the  picture of mr. pete there shreddin 
                                   the two 100s heads and the
                                 the twin 2x15s...cabs..}
                              thats how i need my set up to run....
                              how does that work? is it possible with the 200s as well? anybody?

i would appreciate any advice. input. whatever. thank you!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 06:21:58 pm by earmight »

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: 200s ..new to this sunn thing..gotta 200s.need help real bad. \
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 09:38:33 pm »
i just bought a 200s ...a.) im going to be playing guitar through it
                               b.) i need it to be as loud, clean, and crisp and warm and thick     
                                    and juicy as it possibly can get for this amp.
Find a qualified tech and have it gone through.
                           c.) im starting from the ground here...meaning
                                         i.) i just bought it and its on its way..so i havnt played it
                                             or even heard these amps yet
                                        ii.) i have absolutely no idea what im doing.
You might want to get it, play it a little, and then post some questions.
but i shred
                                             the axe real good ...so its ok.
Congratulations on your talent! There are so few humble players that it's refreshing when someone can self evaluate their ability so conservatively.
                                     iii.) i dont have a cab yet...
You are probably going to need at least one of those.
                            d.) just to give you a better picture of what i want my set up to
                                  look like...please take the time to note the picture here....
                              http://www.thewho.net/whotabs/equip-sunnamps.htm 
                              {...as you scroll down...its the  picture of mr. pete there shreddin 
                                   the two 100s heads and the
                                 the twin 2x15s...cabs..}
                              thats how i need my set up to run....
                              how does that work? is it possible with the 200s as well? anybody?
The 200S is pretty much the same amp except for the contour knob on the 100S and the bass boost switch on the 200S. The 100S was available with reverb, but the ones Mr. Townshend is using in the picture didn't have it. The 200S should work just ducky for you. All you have to do is find the gear, buy the gear, and plug it in, and you can have the exact rig Pete used.
i would appreciate any advice. input. whatever. thank you!
If you search this forum, you will find a ton of info about this gear.