Author Topic: Look what I got  (Read 2212 times)

Offline 1keoni

Look what I got
« on: October 25, 2010, 01:40:51 am »
I ran into a friend of mine a few month's ago and he told me that he had a few Sunn speaker cabinets at his warehouse that he had gotten from an estate.This person is someone that I had gotten a Sonic 1-40 a few years ago in fairly good condition.Anyway I went to see him and this is what I got from him.Actually it was 2 cabinets,but one was very badly termite eaten,so I just took off what ever parts I could salvage.

John

Offline 1keoni

Re: Look what I got
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 01:54:35 am »
And before anyone asks about pictures of the Sonic 1-40,here they are.

John

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 08:28:44 am »
Nice score! Does your Sonic I have EL34's or KT88's?

Offline CLD

• Sunn Sorado
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 09:17:35 am »
Congrats on finding the 115M! I have a 115V and it is a good, versatile cabinet.
Sunn since June 1971!
1971 Sorado, 2000S, Coliseum Bass, Coliseum Lead
1970 200S; 1974 Coliseum 880

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 10:09:52 am »
I had a 115S, long ago. Wish I'd kept it.  :-(
Isaac

Offline 1keoni

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 01:02:18 pm »
Ed,my Sonic 1-40 has EL-34's in it.I replaced them with JJ's from Eurotubes,but kept the pre-amp tubes since they seemed to be fine.The story behind this amp,is that my friend who owns a pro audio company,was given this amp along with a Lab Series combo and a few other things from a widow who's husband was a working musician here in Hawaii during the 60's & 70's.And had been sitting in storage and had no need for them.I got the amp for 250.00 not knowing what its was worth.I have had this amp since June of 05,which was prior to me finding this site.I plan on having a tech tune it up for me and replace the 2 prong AC cord in the near future.I primarily use this around the house and for small get togethers with friends.Recently did the restoring/cleaning procedure as prescribed using Citrus Clean,shoe polish and replacing the corners which I got from Conrad.That particular picture of the amp is from a few years ago.

As for the 115M,its was given to me,since my friend was just helping some one out by helping them clear out some old gear.Again for a musician that had recently passed away.And he just wanted it out of his warehouse since it was just taking up space. :-)

John