Author Topic: Reverb tank on Solarus  (Read 2607 times)

Offline Joe Schorn

Reverb tank on Solarus
« on: May 30, 2001, 12:06:00 pm »
The reverb on my solarus head constantly rumbles and crackles. I'm guessing that the tank is just shot.  

Anyone know where I can get a suitable replacement tank? Are these pretty easy to replace? Is it simply a matter of installing the tank and plugging the rca cables back in? Or is this a job for an amp tech?

Thanks. Any help would be much appreciated.
-Joe

Offline George Snyder

Reverb tank on Solarus
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2001, 07:11:00 am »
Hi Joe:
Have you tried replacing the cables to the reverb unit. The reverb on my Sceptre became very distorted with boosted high end. Since the connections are RCA at both ends I used a stereo cable to bypass the original cable and the problem went away.

I hope this helps
George

Offline mike

Reverb tank on Solarus
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2001, 02:27:00 pm »
Make sure the 12au7 reverb driver tube is in good shape; if you're in doubt it won't cost too much to replace it...AND...check to see if it is an actual 12au7...sometimes a 12ax7 has been mistakenly used as a replacement, and that tube of course has a higher gain that will overdrive the reverb tank. Take the tank out to check if anything is touching the reverb springs, and if the send/receive cables are OK, use a contact cleaner spray like Deoxit D4 to clean the RCA jacks.

Offline wil

Reverb tank on Solarus
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2001, 12:44:00 pm »
Hello,
I would suggest following the suggestions of the two replies above and try gently blowing out any dust in your reverb tank.

wil.