Author Topic: Alpha-Beta Inquiry  (Read 1508 times)

Offline capraCopia

Alpha-Beta Inquiry
« on: June 10, 2005, 09:44:48 pm »
I recently PM'd this one in more detail to Don T. but I thought I'd open the question up to the forum as well...

I just grabbed an Alpha 112pr combo to supplement my playing while living in a vintage motorhome for the indefinite future (until all ground is covered on this landlocked continent).  It's a perfect fit in there, but it's not pulling off the most necessary tone that I get from my beta lead/solos II setup, which is the strange (d)effect that occurs when you cut the beta lead channel volume all the way, but leave the master/distortion/reverb way up.  This odd reverb-wash tone only comes out when the channel volume is all the way off, and the Alpha does not produce anything like it even though it is a cousin to the Beta.

Does anyone know if there is a modification I can make to the Alpha 112 to invoke that tone, or can I swap some parts with the beta lead to make it happen? (I can't fit the beta+solos in our 1975 27' Travco, or else I'd just stick with that perfect setup).

If there is no hope at all for the Alpha, does anyone know if this effect can be coaxed out of an SL160 or maybe even...the SUNN STINGER?

Thank you for any help you might provide. ~Matthew

Offline Don T.

Alpha-Beta Inquiry
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 09:47:30 pm »
Check your PM
Don T.

If it's too loud, you're too old.