Author Topic: Sunn Enforcer  (Read 2450 times)

Sunn Enforcer
« on: January 22, 2004, 10:01:21 pm »
I own a Sunn Enforcer 2-12 combo. I am the original owner of this amp. I bought it in the mid to late 80's; it has 2 channels, reverb, presence, 100/60 watt switching. It is built like a tank. Price new back then was 1400.00 From what little I've been able to find, very few of these were ever produced as combos or heads. Can anyone shed any light on this beast? Oh yeah, all tube, 6l6's. The Stinger was also in the lineup the same year as the Enforcer, 60 watt solid state. Any info would be appreciated.

enforcer
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 10:24:01 pm »
I have also been told this was the one of the last guitar amps to made by the original Sunn company.

Anonymous

Enforcer
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 04:33:56 pm »
You can find the owners manual, service bulletin, footswitch schematic (stagemaster), and sales brochure on this very site! You might have to dig around a little. Some posts and other sites state that there were roughly 100 made (?). Brochure says that it was built in tandem with stagemaster series.
I have the head, and it was great finding the documents here. Works like a charm. I haven't been able to run it in 100 watt mode yet, as I only have a 16ohm cab. Also don't have the footswich so I can't switch between a/b channels, but I am not concerned. I have sovtek tubes at the moment and it is very a clean & clear sound.

I use a variety of pedals with it. Have recently been having intermittent volume ups/downs and don't know what is causing it, could be the pedals?.

Offline JoeArthur

• Global Moderator
Sunn Enforcer
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 09:46:53 am »
The easiest way to eliminate the pedals as the cause of the volume fluctuations would be to plug straight into the amp.  In addition to the pedals, it could be a bad cord, such as the ones used to interconnect the pedals.

If the pedals are ruled out as the cause, then my primary suspects for the amp would be (#1) dirty controls... and (#2) dirty contacts on the switching relay (#3) dirty or loose contacts on the tube sockets.

Offline rhartung

Bad Solder Joints
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 08:29:10 pm »
It could also be bad solder joints. That turned out to be the problem with mine. I had a buddy who's an amp tech check it out for me and he found 4-5 bad joints. He touched them up with a soldering iron and the amp cranks again.

Enjoy!