Author Topic: NEVER IN MY AREA!!  (Read 2537 times)

Offline pickinatit

NEVER IN MY AREA!!
« on: March 05, 2010, 10:39:21 am »
OK, I'm the first one to say that I would really MUCH rather get my hands on a couple of 2000S  cabs  or another 200S cab to go with the one I already have, but IMO (and that's all it is is my opinion) this is a great deal for a pretty darn nice bass rig.

http://toledo.craigslist.org/msg/1630124976.html

I mean, I've considered adding a Coliseum 300 bass amp to my collection of Sunn amps (a small, pathetic collection, but...) and throw in a PAIR of 215's that I've heard good things about (215BH) and this seems like a fair amount of bass firepower for $750.

What I don't get is:  Why do these things NEVER show up in my area ? (South Jersey)  :cry:

Sorry, just venting.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 03:57:21 am by pickinatit »

Offline grimniggzy

Re: NEVER IN MY AREA!!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 01:02:15 pm »
I live in Philadelphia so I know what you mean they are scarce to say the least over here on the east. But that just means they are hardly ever posted, not that they don't exist.
Post a Craigslist add saying you are looking for Sunn equipment and state your general area and watch the emails come flying.
Try not to tell them exactly what you want in your CL post just say you're looking for any and all Sunn equipment, thats how I got my best results.
Sunn Coliseum Bass--->Sunn 215B
Sunn Beta Bass--->Ampeg 410HLF
Sunn Beta Lead--->Marshall 4X12
2 Sunn Concert Basses
3 Fender P's, 1 Fretless J, 2 Statss, AmpegPlexiBass
OC-2 + QTrons + RATs + VTBass

Offline pickinatit

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 04:00:34 am »
Post a Craigslist add saying you are looking for Sunn equipment and state your general area and watch the emails come flying.

Hey, that's a great idea.  I honestly have never tried that approach.  I just keep watching and waiting.  Maybe becoming more "Pro-Active"  IS the way to go.  I'll have to give it a try.

BTW,  I realized this morning that I never put the link to the "Bass Rig Deal"  I was referring to in my post.  I fixed that.  Check my  1st post out again.  The link is there now.

Offline foxfire

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 06:03:08 am »
i got my coliseum 300 off of the Philly CL...

Offline pickinatit

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 06:36:37 am »
i got my coliseum 300 off of the Philly CL...

Oh, Yeah,  Sunn stuff shows up all the time,  don't get me wrong,  but I'm specifically looking for 2 X 15  2000S  cabs  or  a 200S  cab (I already have one and want another to match)  that most don't want to ship from other parts of the country.   Seems like if any of them get posted for sale locally (which is rare) they are in really, really crappy condition. 

Offline grimniggzy

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 10:00:22 am »
Shucks, if I was in need of a serious bass rig and had the means to lug all that around, I'd hop on that for sure.
Right now my 4X10's getting it done for me though.

haha, sorry.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 02:09:42 pm by grimniggzy »
Sunn Coliseum Bass--->Sunn 215B
Sunn Beta Bass--->Ampeg 410HLF
Sunn Beta Lead--->Marshall 4X12
2 Sunn Concert Basses
3 Fender P's, 1 Fretless J, 2 Statss, AmpegPlexiBass
OC-2 + QTrons + RATs + VTBass