Author Topic: Restored Sunn 415M Cabinet  (Read 23010 times)

Offline D(o)))(((o)M

Re: Restored Sunn 415M Cabinet
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2010, 06:55:02 am »
sound waves reinforcing oneanother I heard that... literally... Just an update the build is nearing its end... I went for the ported design with a few mods to the original sketch I was good.  I got two fender 300watt 15" speakers in it and two black widows... Man it totally rumbles my whole house the coliseum lead I was testing with nearly vibrated off the cabinet.  So i put acoustical foam on the interior and it sounds great... the jaack is the old school 3/4" disc sunn/ fender type.  I added scoop handles similar to those found on marshalls.   silver corners and black tolex... I will post all myt pics when i'm finished with the grill cloth, which i just got in the mail... thanks to jeff troy, you're the ma couldn't of replicated it as well without you!!!...i'll post some pics and descriptions later...

Offline Greg_M

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2011, 06:30:03 pm »
I wanted to thank Jeff Troy for publishing his restoration techniques in this thread. I am using them on my 200S amp and I am shocked at how well it works.
The pictures just don't do it justice. I had to vary from the exact products recommendations because they are not available where I live.

Here's what I did use...
Simple Green I used this on a '66 Fender grill and was amazed at how well it took off cigarette smoke stain
Gorilla Super Glue to fix a couple of small tears. Worked great
Kiwi Black Scuff Cover   This is truly amazing stuff. The wife and I could not believe how well this stuff worked.
Meguiars Next Generation Tech Protect Interior Protectant Sprayed it on, rubbed it around and let it sit. After a couple hours had to wipe some of it off and then it dried.

So thanks Jeff, for the tricks.

Offline Jeff Troy

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 06:32:53 am »
Hi, Greg,

Thanks for the nice words. All the substitutions you chose are top quality products.

It's amazing how simple a restoration can be using simple methods and commonly available products. All you have to do is apply both the methods and products the right way.

Glad I could help.

Warmest regards...
759 New Holland Ave.
Lancaster PA 17602
C: 717-917-3670
www.bandmix.com/jefftroy
www.jefftroy.com (under construction)

Offline Where's Uranus?

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2016, 06:45:42 pm »
But have you seen this?