Author Topic: SUNN Mustang Guitar?  (Read 14961 times)

Offline Clay

SUNN Mustang Guitar?
« on: June 03, 1999, 02:13:00 pm »
Just curious really... I have a SUNN Mustang guitar, which looks to be yet another Fender copy of the Strat and I was wondering how long these guitars were produced and what are they worth? Thanks in advance..

Clay

Offline Randy

SUNN Mustang Guitar?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 1999, 08:44:00 pm »
According to Fender (who asnwered my inquiry about 4 years ago),.. Fender produced thes eguitars in India for export to the asian market. They were only made in '91 nad '92, and few have surfaced here in the states.
I bought one from a pawnshop about 1993. It was brand new, unplayed. Very pretty- bright red, S-S-H config, played and sounded really nice. But, cheapo hardware including pickups, electronics, bridge, etc. So, I'm in the never-ending process of customizing mine. DiMarzio HS-2 and HS-1 pickups in the neck and middle positions were a good start. I've got a Duncan Pearly Gates waiting to go in the bridge position. A new bridge and tuners would really be nice. Last comment- the guitar is the heaviest Strat I have ever played. Probably outweighs my ash 74 by 2 lbs.

Offline Kurt

SUNN Mustang Guitar?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2000, 03:11:00 pm »
I was wondering where I could find a reasonably priced white Fender Mustang with a red pick guard.  If you, or someone you know is selling one, please e-mail me with a picture if possible at subpopgrunge@hotmail.com

thanks

Offline Arnoud Bodde

SUNN Mustang Guitar?
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2000, 07:27:00 am »
G'day Clay,

I was trying to find some info about my SUNN Mustang
when I came across your message.
I got a red Sunn Mustang eleven years ago. It was a very cheap one
but I'm still using it. I'm about to change the pickups though.
And I'm gonna work on the wiring system as well.
Good to know though that they don't make em anymore...
Makes it a rare species I suppose...

Cheers,

Arnoud
The Netherlands

P.s. it is a heavy bastard...

Offline mike

SUNN Mustang Guitar?
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2000, 08:01:00 am »
I've got a SUNN Mustang. It ain't worth much - made in china, about the same sort of quality as the Squire range and the same sort of hardware. You have to customise it or it's just a bog-standard beginners' guitar. I think mine was only worth about £150 new, but I bought it second hand. It's nothing special having a rare guitar if it's fairly shite!!

Offline Ed

SUNN Mustang Guitar?
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2000, 08:44:00 am »
: I was wondering where I could find a reasonably priced white Fender Mustang with a red pick guard.  If you, or someone you know is selling one, please e-mail me with a picture if possible at baby_doll@libero.it
: thanks

P.S.: maybe a sonicblue mustang or a white ones.

Offline John

SUNN Mustang Guitar?
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2000, 01:18:00 pm »
I've got a Sunn Mustang, and christ you're right it's heavy; it feels like it's made from lead with a wood veneer or something. It's pretty cheap and tacky, I suppose, but it's more-or-less a Fender (ahem). Mine's a bit of a shit colour though, cream-white. Personally I'd prefer something like black or purple...

Anonymous

SUNN Mustang Guitar?
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2002, 11:07:00 am »
I was offered a cream white mustang in Ireland for £80.00(punts)in good nick,i was wondering if there is any hope of ever getting it sound good how much wuuld you need to spend on it for it to eaa rock.Ideas welcome.the weight dont bother me so much as i'm eaa on the big side.

Anonymous

SUNN Mustang Guitar?
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2002, 11:07:00 am »
I was offered a cream white mustang in Ireland for £80.00(punts)in good nick,i was wondering if there is any hope of ever getting it sound good how much wuuld you need to spend on it for it to eaa rock.Ideas welcome.the weight dont bother me so much as i'm eaa on the big side.

Anonymous

SUNN Mustang Guitar?
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2002, 10:56:00 am »
I was wondering what a Sunn Mustang with proper fender pickups is worth.
It is not a beginners guitar as it far out classes the fender strat squire or the yamaha

Anonymous

SUNN Mustang Guitar?
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2002, 10:55:00 am »
Well im from BOlivia (south america) and i don`t know how!!, but i own a sunn mustang fender guitar, im sure this a good guitar i like th sound even if that its not made of the same material than a original fender..

Offline shea

Re: SUNN Mustang Guitar?
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 08:27:13 am »
Just curious really... I have a SUNN Mustang guitar, which looks to be yet another Fender copy of the Strat and I was wondering how long these guitars were produced and what are they worth? Thanks in advance..<p>Clay
[  uote]                                                                                                                                                                            hi,,i own a sunn mustang.bought it in ireland 1995,made in china and sunburst.it has the same specs.as a 57strat..the sound out of this guitar is unreal.it has by fender written on head..neck is easy to play,just right..i wouldnt swap it for a fender strat if you offered,,the sound is so good...i was lucky,,a week later in the shop i noticed all the necks were different..i had bought the first guitar i tried..id love to know more about these guitars..it cost me the same as a squier..a bargain.........shea.

Offline Oli

• FEED YOUR HEAD!
Re: SUNN Mustang Guitar?
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 02:47:47 am »
Hi,

I saw a  SUNN preci Bass on ebay.de aswell. But I have no idea about it's sound....

Greetings

Oliver   
SUNN Sorado - 1969 / SUNN 2000S - 1970 / SUNN Sorado  - 1971 / SUNN 350B - 1973 / SUNN Coliseum 880 - 1973 / SUNN Concert Bass - 1972 / SUNN Concert Bass - 1979 / 2x SUNN 215B - 1970/75 / SUNN/SAD 2000S cab