Author Topic: Sunn Solos II Schematic wanted  (Read 6739 times)

Offline HRobert

Sunn Solos II Schematic wanted
« on: September 28, 2009, 07:23:29 pm »
Anybody out there have a schematic for a Solos II amp? I just bought a Solos II chassis that needs some repair and need the schematic.  

I guess that in the 70's the Solos could be purchased in either a 2 x 12 or a 1 x 15 configuration. I don't know if I should build it into a combo amp with a 15" JBL speaker that I have, or if I should build it into a piggy-back head.  Any ideas or suggestions?

Rob
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 08:00:33 am by HRobert »

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
Re: Sunn Solos II Schematic wanted
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 06:49:21 pm »
Personally, I'd say go with a head. I've always found the head/cabinet combination more flexible than a combo.
Isaac

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 06:17:48 pm »
Here is the schematic and board layouts.
Keywords (for search) Schematic Solos II 2 SolosII Solos2
Edit: Replaced dead attachments.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 08:18:26 pm by loudthud »

Offline HRobert

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 11:10:55 pm »
LoudThud

Thank you very much for the schematics and layout sheets.  They will definately help a great deal.

Received the Solos II chassis earlier this week.  It' looks really clean..no rust or dirt anywhere.  One snafu that I haden't counted on is that the power transformer is mounted on the bottom of the chassis, which may shoot my plans to make it into a piggyback head like the Sunn tube amps.  My electronics tech hasn't seen the chassis yet, but said that it might be possible to move the "T" to a location inside the chassis. If not, he said that he may be able to figure out a wy to mount the "T" inside the head off of the chassis. If thatcan't be done, I'll have to go to plan #2 - which is building the head with a top mount chassis like a Fender Dual Showman, Bassman, etc.

Again, thank for the schematics.

Rob

Offline quickbird

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 10:12:02 pm »
Rob
Did you get your Solos II fixed?
Does your cabinet have casters on it?  I am trying to find replacements but the one I just got does not have any .
Trying to replace the handle too but having tough time matching lengths

Thanks
Richard