Author Topic: WANTED: Sunn 100S or similar  (Read 3936 times)

Offline mrwindmill

WANTED: Sunn 100S or similar
« on: December 27, 2006, 06:46:46 pm »
Hi all, I'm new here.  I'm a guitarist and I play original music in the style of classic rock bands (The Who, Cream, Hendrix, etc.), and figure Sunn amps are the best for that style.  I'm looking for a 100S head or something similar (Solarus, Sceptre...).  I don't know how much one of those amps would cost, but I have $225 cash and more money, pending the sale of some old stuff.  One condition-the amp must work.  I don't care how it looks, it just has to be in working condition.

Thanks!

Alex

Offline mrwindmill

Re: WANTED: Sunn 100S or similar
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 04:12:19 pm »
It appears that I've neglected to update this.  I didn't have enough money for that one when it was on eBay.  There is a Sunn Solarus Combo that has no bids, but I don't have all my money together ($160 cash, plus possibly $250 or more when I sell my impulse-buy Marshall AVT50H).  What I'm looking for is still the Solarus, Sonaro, Sentura, or Sceptre, which I am willing to raise the money for.  If anyone has one they want to get rid of, please let me know.   :wink:

Thanks!

Alex

Offline mratcliffe

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 05:30:23 am »
I want to wish you luck. Sunn amps on ebay are now expensive! Meaning..
be prepared to pay onwards of $450 for the head depending on the condition and 350+ for the bottom if they will ship. I paid about $1100 for a matching Sonaro top and bottom.

They were in perfect shape and I was tired of always being outbid at the last moment, so I sucked it up. Aviation guitars - Mike Manson (oregon) usually will have a nice clean amp and bottom but bend over.....

Offline mrwindmill

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 03:59:03 pm »
Ouch, a while ago you could buy them pretty cheap...

I should have sold my stuff earlier and not bought that Marshall...

(Here's the auction where I bought it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260077614662)