Author Topic: 90's era Model T  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Sledgeguitar

90's era Model T
« on: December 31, 2008, 08:18:51 am »
i am looking to buy a 90's era model t. I played it yesterday and was blown away by the ridiculous power. it has 2 4x12 matching cabs(both straight), all of the manuals including the original price tag and is in perfect shape. the only odd thing i noticed is that the clean channel is a lot louder than the distortion channel. i had the distortion channel volume on 3.5 and the clean channel i could barely get above 1.
any way the owner is asking $1500 for everything. good price? whats the deal with the clean channel?

Offline jdfarrell81

Re: 90's era Model T
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 10:03:58 am »
Hey mate,

The 90's Model T generally goes for around $1000 on E-bay and in classifieds, so I think you're getting a pretty fair deal. If you consider that you're paying a grand for the head, then you're basically getting two 4x12's for $500, and considering that those cabs are loaded with G1275 Celestions, that's a bargain. You'd really be hard pressed to find a lower price on that stack.

I can't help with the volume issue. If you're concerned, get it checked out by a tech before dropping your hard earned cash. Any good seller would accommodate you on that. All in all though, setting aside any comparison to the original Model T, the 90's Model T is a crushingly loud tone monster, and I think you'll be very happy with it.

- James

Offline Sledgeguitar

Re: 90's era Model T
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 10:32:02 am »
i thought it was a fair price myself. it looks like it is right out of the box and like i said it has the 2 4x12 cabs. i don't think the clean channel is that big of a deal but it is a little strange. i had a crate stealth head years ago that had the same problem. i never figured out what caused it.
thanks for the feedback