Author Topic: I just got myself a 610L...  (Read 2378 times)

Offline foxfire

I just got myself a 610L...
« on: November 14, 2009, 06:35:20 am »
and it doesn't sound so good. one speaker is missing it's dust cover and produces a loud pop/crack when i palm mute on the lower strings and at least one other speaker has stuff rattling round behind the dust cover. i wanted to ask how these cabs sound? i play heavy sludgy stuff and keep my guitar tuned down 2 full steps...i'm just looking for an idea of what to expect before i shell out any money for new speakers?

Offline Addam

• Opus Noir
Re: I just got myself a 610L...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 02:23:01 am »
Granted, I have a 610S, but I play in a band that has a similiar sounding style and I love the way mine sounds.  I like how it sounds with my 4x12 better than by itself however.  Kind of even each other out.

Offline foxfire

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 09:22:44 am »
i'm guessing even with the port it still isn't a great cab for low end so what your saying makes sense. i'm thinking about getting all new speakers and wiring it up at 8Ω. my worry is that i'll spend more $ on it than i could sell it for should i end up not liking it...our van doesn't allow us to rock full stacks.

thanks for the insight.

Offline Addam

• Opus Noir
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 01:13:45 am »
I know this might sound kind of stupid(and kind of a waste of money), but if you have a 4x12(or any other cab with a bit bigger speakers) just drop your 610 off at your practice space and use it with the 4x12 before selling it.  See how that sounds.  You might change your mind about selling it.  When you play a show just use the 4x12(or whatever else) until you can figure out a way to transport and use both cabs at a show assuming you do like it.

I really think that they'll compliment each other nicely, at least they do in my case as I've already stated.

Offline foxfire

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 06:32:04 pm »
that's probably more or less what i'll end up doing. i'll slowly replace the speakers till it's up to snuff and clean it up a bit. i figure i have to try it with my coliseum before i sell it...