Author Topic: Dr. Know  (Read 2739 times)

Offline Ktoucher

Dr. Know
« on: October 17, 2003, 08:10:50 pm »
I was in a band called Dr. Know for eight years.

I loved Sunn Beta Leads.  Used them for years.  I originally had a 4X10.  It was the first real guitar amp I ever had.  When we did Dr. Know back in the old days no one had a sound like the one I was yanking out of those beasts!  Then I met Woody from COC...and he used one too!

Ended up getting a Beta Lead head, and sold it when I went tube.  Play Mesa Triple Recs now...but I'm looking for a PIMP beta head and footswitch and plan on running them together.  That'll sound massive.

ANYONE who knows where I can find one, feel free to let me know.

Cheers!

Anonymous

Dr. Know
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2003, 11:49:40 pm »
Hail Kyle!!! I was lucky enough to witness Dr. Know many times including the time you guys slayed Perkins Palace in Pasadena & at Roxannes in Arcadia! Are you in any bands right now???? Your guitar sound and playing was wayyyy ahead of it's time!!!

Offline measurestaken

Re: Dr. Know
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 03:28:09 pm »
'Plug-In Jesus' is awesome. Best band on Mystic, if I may damn with faint praise. Cool to hear you jamed a Sunn.
Change the world, it needs it. - Bertolt Brecht

Offline Ktoucher

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 04:46:06 pm »
At the time, for all I knew (I was very young) no amp could make those god-awful throaty sounds.

Buzz from Melvins  used one too, if I remember correctly.

No time for bands these days, I'm wrapped up in the Visual Effects industry.

But it was goddamn great fun.

Offline absolutego

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 01:34:53 pm »
ive heard of you guys.  i always wondered did you name your band after the dude from bad brains?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 05:08:42 pm by loudthud »

Offline Ktoucher

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 07:45:30 pm »
No, we didn't take it from the Bad Brains guitar player.  His name is really Gary Miller.  Actually, when we finally met each other we both asked how we happened to come across the name and damned near the same time.

For us, it was a variation on the Bond character name Dr. No, and, well, it just stuck around. We were scared (remember we were stupid 21 year old kids) that if we ever became popular Ian Fleming's widow would come after us for using the name, so we changed it to KNOW. 

Offline absolutego

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 12:12:17 pm »
haha, thanx man.