Author Topic: Orthodox Fuzz  (Read 6899 times)

Offline doomedfuzz

Re: Orthodox Fuzz
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 04:42:51 pm »
The place I bought my Sunn Enforcer and cab from has a Butcher, 2 x VTM 60s, and a VTM 120. I need to go up and try those out!

Offline Viking Sonne

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 05:09:49 pm »
The VTM 120 and the Butcher 120 are both tube amps. I had MESA/Boogie tubes installed in mine and they rocked ! Try'em out, let me know what you think.
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are." ~ John Wooden ~

Offline doomedfuzz

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 08:13:26 am »
Some cool news from the Fuzz camp:

Orthodox Fuzz featured on the upcoming Cowbells & Cobwebs compilation from Planet Fuzz (from Australia). I think we'll have copies of this really cool compilation for sale at upcoming shows. http://www.planetfuzz.net/fuzz.php?action=12

We will also be opening for Mondo Generator (featuring Nick Oliveri of Kyuss / Queens of the Stone Age fame)! On August 29th at Skillman Street Bar in Dallas. We have discounted tickets available, message us here or email doomedfuzz@yahoo.com (if you live in DFW of course!) - we will have a Paypal set up soon for tix. Should be an awesome show! Some Mondo to check out - very QOTSA imo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdgdANlBMtA

Offline snarzdar

• If it's too slow, you're too young.
    • lowered expectations
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 06:08:41 pm »
How do you like that enforcer? That's the one that is like half model t, half JMP right?

Offline doomedfuzz

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 04:10:11 pm »
How do you like that enforcer? That's the one that is like half model t, half JMP right?

Oh man, it's just a sick, sick amp. I'm running it through an early 70s Sunn 4x12. It doesn't have a nice sound to it at all on either channel. Just growly and pissed off sounding no matter how you slice it. I love it! There is virtually no clean with it, well there is but its really dirty at any kind of volume. I've only gigged once with it, it'll start getting gigged more often. I'm so used to my Orange that changing over is tough even though I love the tone of the Enforcer.

Our drummer quit today, major bummer. Already have 4 prospects though, I guess being a little known in the area is helping get the word out.

Offline snarzdar

• lowered expectations
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 09:45:06 pm »
from orthodox fuzz myspace:
"Sunn Beta Lead 2x12 combo. The loudest amp on the planet"

Dude. Seriously.

Offline doomedfuzz

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2010, 11:25:46 pm »
from orthodox fuzz myspace:
"Sunn Beta Lead 2x12 combo. The loudest amp on the planet"

Dude. Seriously.

Not sure if that is sarcasm or not. It's louder than: Sunn Enforcer, Matamp GTO120, Orange Rockerverb 100, Orange OR120, Marshall DSL100, Marshall VS100. Most of those are considered very loud amps and it holds its own with all of those in half stack configuration. It's about to start being used with the Fuzz - we'll have a Theramin plugged into channel and a keyboard with an organ setting on the other.

Offline snarzdar

• lowered expectations
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 07:41:26 pm »
Not sarcasm at all. I play through 2 beta bass amps. I have no idea how they push out so much volume for being 100 watt solid state heads.

Offline snarzdar

• lowered expectations
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 05:11:42 pm »
I accidentally found your band on twitter today. How in the hell did you guys get so many followers?

Offline Llwyt

• My band : Asphalt Risin'
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 04:35:00 pm »
Congratulations for your future show w/ Mondo Generator!
I finally saw them in June, it was pretty cool really awesome!
My band (stoner rock from France) : http://asphaltrisin.bandcamp.com

Fender PB Classic '50 / Sunn Mustang Bass
Sunn Beta Bass Head  / Sunn Concert Bass / Sunn 215RH / GK 215 / 212T Home-Made
MXR DynaComp / Tech21 Double Drive / Dunlop 105Q / MXR M-18

Offline doomedfuzz

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2010, 09:35:15 pm »
I accidentally found your band on twitter today. How in the hell did you guys get so many followers?

We've been around for a while and we market the hell out of the band. We have more fans out of our area then we have locally! We get a lot of internet radio play, have been on a couple of compilations and we get some good press. People just find us that way.  As far as Twitter, I used to really work Twitter (I am a professional digital marketer, have worked for Fortune 100 companies and large ad agencies running digital marketing and Web development) - I know some tricks, but I don't spam either.

Offline snarzdar

• lowered expectations
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010, 11:11:10 pm »
All about proper #usage I suppose!

Cheers!