Author Topic: Desperately searching for a sunn faceplate.  (Read 2544 times)

Offline jonathanwarf

Desperately searching for a sunn faceplate.
« on: July 18, 2012, 08:27:41 am »
I just bought a sunn 412L cabinet and it's missing the big sunn logo with the red O)) and i'm looking to see if anyone could possibly send or sell me one. i'm located in south carolina and if you want to contact me via email please do: jwarf94@gmail.com
thanks

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: Desperately searching for a sunn faceplate.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 09:03:42 am »
They pop up on eBay fairly often. Usually between $20 and $50, but I've seen the older logos bring >$75.
Keep watching, one will come along.
Good Luck!

Offline jaywalker

Re: Desperately searching for a sunn faceplate.
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 09:38:31 pm »
Some time back I looked into cloning the Sunn 2"x 6" red badge after being outbid by the same guy on every one that came up on the 'bay. He seemed hell bent on owning them all and had the deep pockets to do it.
There was a guy in Canada cloning Tranor badges. IIRC he had to hand paint the raised border and lettering after casting the plastic. If I had a Sunn red badge I might try it.
Call me cheap but $50 for a hunk of plastic bugs me. What bugs me more is that I inadvertently trashed the two vertical metal end pieces for the front grill. They are resting in a central Florida landfill. Oh well...even though it still doesn't have a badge the amp sounds great!