Author Topic: Home Recording  (Read 8650 times)

Offline chev

• feel the tone!
Re: Home Recording
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 05:17:44 am »
Thanks for the heads up.  I think I am gonna download it.  Did you have any problems or big complaints with it once you started getting into the program more?

nop didn't had any problem with it on PC, on Apple their were funny display bug but it's optimized for PC so you should be fine.

I did a mix with it for my friends doom band and it went out good! 16 tracks and up with no problem on a M-Audio Audiophile 2496 in 44.kHz 24 bit. you should definitly try it, it's free anyway! I had Ezdrummer, Amplitube 2.0, T-Racks working fine with it...

Well, I think this thread has sovled my new DAW problem that I was suffering for some time.  Thanks alot!

I'm glad to ear that! :-D
Sunn Model T 1st gen+Sunn 215s+Sunn 412s, Sunn Beta Bass+Sunn 215+Sunn Coliseum Slave+2 x Sunn 115

Offline EarthRumbles

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 09:01:04 am »
If you go with the Audio Box make sure to check that the disc is not messed up. A lot of them shipped with disc's that wont load, Im sure  you can download the drivers and software of the Presonus site though. Just a heads up
Reissue Model T
Sunn 412L
Sunn Beta Lead 410 Combo
Sunn 610L
Pair of Sunn Model 2
Pair of Sunn AX12
Sunn SPL-2216
Sunn SPL-412

Offline John Matrix

• Art Things
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 11:08:03 am »
I ended up bailing on it. It seems like for now at least, most of the units in my price range have problems running on 64 bit Windows 7. I was lookin at the Personus Firebox ( I think thats what it was called) but I'm gonna wait till after I do my holiday shopping to treat myself. hehe.
http://archradish.blogspot.com

Beta Lead 212, Concert Lead into a 412L, Schecter Tempest Classic

Offline chev

• feel the tone!
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 07:22:28 am »
I ended up bailing on it. It seems like for now at least, most of the units in my price range have problems running on 64 bit Windows 7. I was lookin at the Personus Firebox ( I think thats what it was called) but I'm gonna wait till after I do my holiday shopping to treat myself. hehe.

a lot of audio apps don't use 64bit yet, specially plug-ins and drivers so you should be fine using 32bit...the presonus firestudio mobile is awesome! even my Logic Express works in 32bit with a kind of software bridge to be compatible with apps that could be 64 bit...but I'm not expert on that. all I know is 32 bit is fine for audio.

I'm actually willing to get the Mobile version of FireStudio Project for home and leave my Firestudio Project (8 mic ins) plugged and setup  at my rehearsal place...when the $$$ and time for final recording comes...and I will experiment re-amping too...need a X-Amp box...! ahhh audio is a lot of $$$ but so much fun!  :evil:
Sunn Model T 1st gen+Sunn 215s+Sunn 412s, Sunn Beta Bass+Sunn 215+Sunn Coliseum Slave+2 x Sunn 115

Offline Addam

• Opus Noir
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, 01:47:10 pm »
ahhh audio is a lot of $$$ but so much fun!  :evil:

QFT.

Offline chev

• feel the tone!
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 10:35:25 am »
Hey, I just been recording some loud doom all weekend...just thought I could show my setup...and call it the Mobile Station of Doom haha!

notice the 3'' thick foam underneath the laptop stand and hard drive...need this! I was in a old tiny condemned bathroom inside the rehearsal room to be separate from the loud sound...