Author Topic: Question re: SUNN 4-channel mixer...please?  (Read 1964 times)

Julia

Question re: SUNN 4-channel mixer...please?
« on: November 05, 2002, 06:40:09 pm »
Hi.

We're a small elementary school with a 4-channel Sunn powered mixer.  We are currently working on our Christmas production and I have run into a problem I was hoping one of you might be able to help with.

This unit has a "tape-in" feature (double RCA jack), and I am getting a mono feed from it.  I have no idea why, except to think that perhaps this mixer only gives a mono feed???

I'm playing our orchestration (recorded in stereo) through the tape-in feature, and then of course out to the speakers.

Can anyone tell me if this is simply a fact of life with this mixer?  Or is there some sort of setting I can change or have changed within the unit itself?

Thanks so much for any advice.

Julia

Offline Don T.

It's a mono unit
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2002, 09:06:40 am »
Hello:
Unfortunately the mixer is only a mono unit. It has a stereo input but has only one amplifier section so it sums all inputs.
You could route one channel through the "main" and the other through "monitor" but you would still have to have one more amplifier and of course it requires 2 speakers.
Don T.
Don T.

If it's too loud, you're too old.

Julia

To Don T....
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2002, 05:53:51 pm »
Hi, Don.  I want to thank you very much for taking the time to post this information to me.  It is very helpful indeed.  Now at least I know what the problem is, which of course is necessary in order to know how to fix it!  

Thanks again, Don.  Very kind of you to reply.

Julia