Author Topic: 300T Clipping  (Read 1447 times)

Offline lo-fi

300T Clipping
« on: April 08, 2003, 05:10:04 pm »
Howdy,
     I'm having problems with my 300T. When I turn up to about 4 the 2x15 speaker enclosure(The new one) starts to make a painful popping sound, I plugged it into my older sunn 2x15 & it does the same thing. I had a very similar problem about a month or 2 ago & the tech said that there were a couple of connections that had come loose & fixed them. I'm wondering if this is a common problem with louder bass amps like these? He suggested putting padding on top of the cab to dampen the vibrations. Needless to say that looks stupid & I don't want to play live with a pillow between my amp & cab. Does anyone know what this is? I have used & loved sunn amps for about 20 yrs now (I'm 33) I have a decent collection & have always relied on them, they have never let me down. So I saved up & bought this brand new rig (fender I know) but I figured if the old ones have always been this good then a new one should be at least as good...eh? Anyway sorry for the long-winded post. I've always looked to the forum for any good advice & it is greatly appreciated.

-Thanks!

Offline RichBriere

• http://www.richbriere.com
300T Clipping
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2003, 07:44:02 pm »
So....you're turning up the preamp until it goes green and then bringing up the master.......right?? If not, try reading your owners manual and see if the problem disappears. :^>)

Just for the record........your tech is right about putting the head away from the cab. I use a folding waiters table and keep it closer to me. This cuts down on vibrations.....low B's are serious solder splitters...........and everythings works great.

Bass-ically Yours,
RB

www.richbriere.com
MTD & Sunn: They're addictive!  :^>)