Author Topic: 300t problem  (Read 2708 times)

Offline ryan

300t problem
« on: January 25, 2001, 01:43:00 am »
I have a new sunn 300t and the channel switch, the compression swicth, and the graphic eq switch won't work. When I push them nothing happens.... they won't engage their functions. I tried hooking up the foot-switch but that doesn't help at all. The volume for channel one and the master volume work fine as well as the eq knobs and the bass boost and high boost and mid notch swicthes. Its just the channel swicther, the compression switch, and the graphic eq switch. I know this isn't a vintage sunn question but maybe someone out there can help me out. If so I would really appreciate it.
thanks.
-ryan-

Offline Rich Briere

• http://www.richbriere.com
300t problem
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2001, 10:26:00 pm »
Hi Ryan...this sounds pretty strange to me..............are you using a speaker cable with your foot switch or a line cable?  

#2. Where did you buy it?

Rich Briere
www.sunnamps.com
MTD and Sunn...........life gets NO better than that.

Offline HG Thor

300t problem
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2001, 12:28:00 am »
I havn't been inside one of these bad boys yet, but a quick look at the schematic reveals that all of those switches are in a local network of diodes that control IC's to rout signal paths. There is one power source for it (19.4VAC) and it is fused at F2, or a fuse labled F2 somewhere in this amp. Try replacing that first. If no luck (or it blows again) then you should let a tech troubleshoot the circuit.

Of course this may be moot at this point since in three weeks you may have found a solution, but perhaps this may have been some help.