Author Topic: Different Model T amps  (Read 2641 times)

Colossus

Different Model T amps
« on: September 27, 2004, 05:28:23 pm »
What are the differences between the first Model T's, the second generation Model T's and the Fender reissue Model T's? I am interested in this amp and would like to know more info about them. Are the reissues just as loud as the originals? I read the originals had 6550's and KT-88's and the reissues have 6L6's, is this true? I figured you guys would be the ones to ask, because it is hard to find info on these amps, especially the vintage ones. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline loudthud

• Administrator
Different Model T amps
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 12:40:39 pm »
The original Model T was similar to a 59 Fender Bassman or Marshall with the addition of an master volume and an ultralinear 150 watt power amp. It has a Fender type tone stack. The second version (1975) changed to a Baxandall bass/treble network and a mid boost circuit that used and inductor with a switch to select three different mid frequencies. Similar to Ampeg. The power amp was unchanged. The reissue version with 6L6's is completely different and shouldn't even be called a Sunn. I think it's rated at 100 watts with a switch to drop it to 25 watts.

Offline loudthud

• Administrator
Different Model T amps
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 07:30:09 pm »
I finally found a schematic for the second version model T. It's in "The Tube Amp Book" Deluxe Revised Edition by Aspen Pittman. The book comes with a CD that has the schematic on it but the printout looks terrible.