Author Topic: 200S line out mod.  (Read 2354 times)

Offline fatlizzard

200S line out mod.
« on: November 10, 2004, 11:54:48 pm »
anyone know how to modify a 200S so I can use my concert head as a slave, also any good sunn repail techs in So. Cal?

Offline JoeArthur

• Global Moderator
200S line out mod.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 07:52:29 am »
Take a look at the Sunn Model T schematic available on this site.  At the upper right corner above the speaker jacks is the wiring for the line out jack.  One jack and two resistors (680 and 33K ohm) are all that's needed.  Wire the 680 ohm across the terminals of the line out jack, connect the 33K ohm resistor between the hot terminal of the line out and speaker out jack.  Piece of cake!!

Offline fatlizzard

200s mod
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 11:02:01 am »
Thanks for the help! I see on the model T schematic there are 2,4,8 and 16 ohm speaker outs it looks like the line out is connected to the 16 ohm, I believe the 200s transformer has three taps 4,8 & 16 im not sure which my outputs are wired to, would I wire the direct out to the 16 ohm tap regardless of whether it is used for my speaker outs?

Offline JoeArthur

• Global Moderator
200S line out mod.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 12:40:52 pm »
It wouldn't really matter with the exception of how hot a signal you want - the higher value ohm taps on the transformer will provide a higher voltage signal, regardless of which is connected to your speaker jacks.  BTW... I think two of the taps are connected to your speaker jacks - because of the switching for one or two cabinets.  

The strength of the signal can also be changed by changing the value of the 33K resistor - smaller for a hotter signal, larger for a weaker one.

Offline fatlizzard

200s mod
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2004, 07:34:45 am »
Thanks again! I'll be sending the line out to a sunn concert slave amp, i'm currently using a concert bass out to the slave and the levels seem pretty good but I want to use the 200 instead of the concert bass so I want the out on the 200 to be about the same as the concert bass pre-amp out levels. ( You seem to know a lot about sunn equipment, have you ever heard of a 200B amp? I just picked it up on e-bay and havent actually received it yet but it is a 200B not a 200S, I've never seen another like it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks