Author Topic: Overdrive/Distortion pedal you play with your Beta!  (Read 4142 times)

Offline Andy's Junky Music

Overdrive/Distortion pedal you play with your Beta!
« on: October 02, 2008, 10:34:39 am »
Okay I've finally got my PL-20 up and running and planned on using the Boss ODB-3 bass overdrive with it ala King Buzzo but when I tried it today I was a little underwhelmed.  I'm not giving up on it yet just seeing what everyone else is tryin...so post your beta rig!!!

Offline Solar Powered

Re: Overdrive/Distortion pedal you play with your Beta!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 06:46:53 pm »
I play through a Beta Bass into Sunn 415, and with a Beta lead pushing a Sunn 4x12 and Sunn 1x18.
I use an Electro harmonix switchblade pedal to run it all together. I distort the 415 with a 70's
Electro Harmonix Big Muff but leave the others clean. Sometimes I throw in a E/H Micro Bass synth pedal when it's time to get trippy. I can get a pretty gnarly tone outta this rig. I don't know maybe there's a better way to run this beast. Let me know. :mrgreen:

Offline sunnbass

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 07:09:29 pm »
This might not help but...

I'm currently playing bass through my 1st Gen. Model-T and I've been pretty satisfied with an old Tube Works tube driver I picked up off a friend.  It just sounds so warm yet, angry.

Offline kevan

• demolition by low frequency
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 02:15:18 am »
im running a 610 randall cab and a 215 sunn RI with my beta and im thinkin an mxr blue box would nail buzz's tone. betas kick ass :lol:
-K

Offline TGH

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 05:31:06 pm »
im running a 610 randall cab and a 215 sunn RI with my beta and im thinkin an mxr blue box would nail buzz's tone. betas kick ass :lol:

Yeah, I have no idea how Buzz used a Blue Whale, but you can only get crazy fucking sounds out of that thing. But with my Beta, I use a Proco rat, and it I get it right, I can get a Buzz like sound out of it.

However, with the bass overdrive, Buzz doesn't use a regular Beta lead, he uses two beta pre-amps. I don't know if that makes a difference, but it might.

Offline Andy's Junky Music

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 06:24:54 pm »
well thats what I'm playin my odb-3 through...a beta leas preamp....I'm just gonna ditch that pedal and get a blues driver....I tried it the other day and it sounded awesome!

Offline paco)))

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 06:43:28 pm »
When y'all use a dist pedal on your beta bass where do you have the drive knob at? I run a beta 2x15 & a beta 1x15 cab with mine & usually just use the beta bass drive w/o a pedal. Does anyone use both channels as opposed to just A or B?

~Chris

Offline TGH

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 08:51:38 pm »
well thats what I'm playin my odb-3 through

Whoops, I don't know how to read.