Author Topic: Sunn Concert Lead problem  (Read 2125 times)

Offline surferdude50

Sunn Concert Lead problem
« on: June 14, 2005, 09:49:21 am »
I picked up a Concert Lead the other day and when I plugged it in, I heard a pop and a small stream of smoke appeared out the back.  I pulled off the cover and found the end of the problem.  Now, I'm not an Engineer, so please bare with me.  I'm assuming it was a cap that smoked.  It's a cap with 3 legs.  there are 2 next to each other and it's the one closest to the back of the Head.  I say I found the end of the problem, because I don't think it started there.  I've got it at a local repair shop here in Charlotte, but the repair guy said he wasn't sure if he could even find that part.  It's day 2 and I haven't heard from him yet.  Hopefully, no news is good news and he's able to fix it.  But could have this been my fault?  I had nothing attached to the Head.  Just plugged it in and turned it on.  Since this unit has a 1974 Date inside, I wasn't sure if I need to make sure the Head is attached to any form of Speaker Cab. before I turn on the juice.  Any thoughts from anyone?

Thankx,

Bob

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 09:53:10 am »
Uh-oh. You let the magic smoke out. Now you have to find someone who knows how to put it back in.
Isaac

Offline surferdude50

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 09:59:54 am »
yeah...  I hope I've just found someone to do that.

Thankx for the reply...