Author Topic: Stagemaster?  (Read 1314 times)

Offline mmmbrains

Stagemaster?
« on: February 18, 2006, 03:47:46 pm »
Hello everyone,

Just a quick question for you all. I ran across a Sunn Stagemaster head at a thrift shop the other day tagged at $300. It powers up and seems to be in pretty good shape. Do any of you (well, I'm sure someone out there does) own one of these? How do you like it? Is it worth the $300 price tag? (I talked to the owner and he said he might be able to drop the price a little, too.) I'm a bit short on budget, I mean, I'd loooove to get a model T but right now I need something decent to get me through gigs and such. I play a Les Paul custom.

So, anyone use one of these? Like it? Don't like it? Worth $300 (possibly less?)? Anything would be helpful... I've not been able to find very much information about them on the internet at all!

Thanks in advance,
Eric

Offline Don T

Stagemaster?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 12:58:57 am »
mmm:
 I have owned one since 84. It's one amp I always bring with me to the studio. When all other amps fail, it will give me a sound that works. It's loud and responsive. Mine still has the original Sunn 81-0126 speakers but I have heard one with Celestions that was pretty cool. Plays good sounds quiet too for practicing.
It's the ear not the gear.

Offline mmmbrains

Stagemaster?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 09:50:42 am »
Thanks for the reply, Don... I just got around to reading all of your other posts and it sounds like a great little amp, and I think I will go ahead and get it! I mean, it all comes down to playing through it, but what I've heard sounds like it'll be a good deal. Take care!
-Eric
(zombie: mmmmm, brains....)