Author Topic: good cabinet for model T and Rick bass?  (Read 1977 times)

Offline gray

good cabinet for model T and Rick bass?
« on: March 06, 2006, 10:35:16 pm »
I'm new to this forum and recently picked up an old Model T, but I don't know what cabinet to get for it. I play Rickenbacker basses and the clarity of the Model T combined with the Ricks seems to knuckle under lots of cabinets either on the highs or the lows. Does anybody have any suggestions for a good cabinet or cabinet combination/setup? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Offline djoelrooster

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 07:05:56 am »
I run through a 2x15 and (2) 4x10 cabs. That has covered all the basses for me no matter  how I've set my tone. This cab combo has sounded the best for me so far out of anything I've run. Good luck.

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 08:41:59 am »
Currently, I'm using my T into a Fender-era Model 215. Not a huge amount of highs, but I'm playing in a Grateful Dead-type jam band, and I'm looking for a more vintage-style sound, for now. I play a different Ric into it each time!
Isaac

Offline gray

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 04:50:59 pm »
Thank you both. I do have a 215 I rebuilt and rewired (to go with an Ampeg SVT 350) but it's not enough because I think that the speakers are too heavy-duty and don't allow enough for the highs (Eminence Delta Pro 15's). However, based on what I've been told I may go with better-ranged 15's in the cabinet and an Ampeg 810. Thanks for your input!