Author Topic: which sunn head do you use through your AMPEG 8x10?  (Read 1973 times)

Offline kgarner

which sunn head do you use through your AMPEG 8x10?
« on: March 27, 2006, 03:33:39 pm »
just curious. looking to get a solid state sunn for my bass set up, and wanted to know what folks recomend!

also what is the difference between the coliseum, and the concert series?

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 06:55:37 pm »
The concert series is pretty conventional. Tone stack circuitry, and 150 watts at 8 ohms for the first series. 200 for the later ones, I think. The Coliseum series used equalizer-type circuits for the tone controls, and had a more powerful amp, 300 watts into 2 ohms.
Isaac

Offline sunnfever

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 01:13:23 am »
I have both and they both do quite well thru the 8x10. I love the coliseum 880 for all out rock n roll power. The concert does equally well just not as powerful and a little more straight forward since it has less tone shapeing controls and less power. The concert is a little easier to lug around but that is sort of a moot point if your trucking an 8x10 around already. I have mentioned this here before but in my opinion the addition of a sansamp bass or para driver is a great addition to help you fine tune your sound with these amps. They do sound great alone and the Tech 21 boxes are awesome and affordable way to get even more out of them. Have fun getting your sound!!! There is a coliseum 880 up on ebay right now. I would get another one but I am geared to the gills (and slightly devoid of spare money because of it) and couldn't be happier. Sunns tend to do that!  :D This is vague playing only info but there are plenty of people here with more tech oriented info so your going to get a good idea of what your gonna get. Hope this helped a bit.